2 amps at same time

No expert here, but what about using an internal controller like the oscillator to vary some of the parameters to simulate two different guitar players that vary their vibrato and or timing?

No expert here, but what about using an internal controller like the oscillator to vary some of the parameters to simulate two different guitar players that vary their vibrato and or timing?
See post #28.

I rely on the haas trick often (being the sole guitarist) with my live patches running anywhere from 12ms to 20ms, but lately I've found a few amp/cab combinations that don't sound very good with this approach. You might think "just choose a different cab for one side then", which works most of the time, but for a few patches I just don't have enough CPU left for a second cab block (already using x/y for cab1), and I don't want to change the tone of the other scenes where the effect is not needed. In those scenarios I rely on the enhancer block in classic mode. In some instances I find the classic enhancer sounds better live.

For recording, I may use the haas effect to lay down a rough take, but always manually double track it in the end, perhaps slightly eq each take differently on post.

I rely on the haas trick often (being the sole guitarist) with my live patches running anywhere from 12ms to 20ms, but lately I've found a few amp/cab combinations that don't sound very good with this approach. You might think "just choose a different cab for one side then", which works most of the time, but for a few patches I just don't have enough CPU left for a second cab block (already using x/y for cab1), and I don't want to change the tone of the other scenes where the effect is not needed. In those scenarios I rely on the enhancer block in classic mode. In some instances I find the classic enhancer sounds better live.

For recording, I may use the haas effect to lay down a rough take, but always manually double track it in the end, perhaps slightly eq each take differently on post.
try the regular stereo cab…
it costs less in CPU and the audible difference is almost nil..

Reactions: Rex
try the regular stereo cab…
it costs less in CPU and the audible difference is almost nil..
That works, but you'll also have to spend another delay block to get more than micro-delays between left and right.

That works, but you'll also have to spend another delay block to get more than micro-delays between left and right.

personally I'd not bother with the delay for live cos it loses too much focus [in my lil' ol' o'pinyun]
which is why I use two amps panned hard [into two real cabs.. and ya can't really pan those.. ya just wheel them side by side.. lmao]
in my practice presets [through my studio monitors] I still don't use the delay for the same reason..
so that's two amps panned hard into a stereo cab with each cab panned hard..
sure if you use a delay on amp2 set in the 12ms - 20ms range you'll get that 'witdh'.. but personally I think it loses something..
without the delay you still get some width but the tone stays nice and thick and more focused

however…..
my soloing tone is just one amp panned centre..
to give that a little more 'size' I pop it through a pitch shifter block set to 'detune' in parallel
input mode = stereo / pan the two detuners in there hard
set the left side = -5ct / right side = +5ct
it's like a stereo chorus without the LFO sweeping going on
I also use this for my clean tone

however… lol…
if I'm recording clean / acoustic guitars and it's not a doubled take
in the studio I will pop a stereo 'sample delay' in there for widening
but this is studio only for me…

horses for courses and all that sort of thing..

Back
Top Bottom