1x12's

cole lewis

Experienced
So I've had these two eminence DV77 speakers in their boxes for months now, I planned on putting them in a 2x12 I have, decided I'd rather just get two 1x12's, being so used to playing in stereo with xitone FRFR I don't think I want to give that up.

Something in particular I am looking at are these Mojotone Slammins wedge style cabinets. They have been making them forever though and still not really any info from users online. What do you guys think about that concept of a wedge cabinet with regular guitar speakers?

I have the 212 wedge. Badged as a Metrpoulis but made by Mojotone. Solid build. Back panel isn't as tight as I'd like as I have swapped speakers out a time (or 15 :) ).

Not as dramatic of a ear height directivity as I had hoped but still a solid piece imo.

I have the 212 wedge. Badged as a Metrpoulis but made by Mojotone. Solid build. Back panel isn't as tight as I'd like as I have swapped speakers out a time (or 15 :) ).

Not as dramatic of a ear height directivity as I had hoped but still a solid piece imo.
I read from one or two guys that the benefit of the angle only really matters at like 8 feet away.

I read from one or two guys that the benefit of the angle only really matters at like 8 feet away.
I haven't done exact measurements. It wasn't the night and day difference I had hoped for. I gigged it once, didn’t really appreciate the weight:upgrade in tone. It certainly wasn't like the CLR experience where you hear it all over the room.

A 112 is going to be a bit lighter, fwiw. So that might make the weight:upgrade in tone argument a little more challenging?

I haven't done exact measurements. It wasn't the night and day difference I had hoped for. I gigged it once, didn’t really appreciate the weight:upgrade in tone. It certainly wasn't like the CLR experience where you hear it all over the room.

A 112 is going to be a bit lighter, fwiw. So that might make the weight:upgrade in tone argument a little more challenging?
Yeah I heard they are heavy SOB's too. Guess there are pretty good reasons for them not being very popular!

Back
Top Bottom