1u parametric EQ for live use

Chris Hurley

Power User
And so begins a new form of GAS...

I wonder if anyone who uses their Axe-FX live has bothered with an external EQ for quick adjustments at a show?

Presonus has a 1/3rd width parametric but theres not a great way to mount it unless you buy two more of their 1/3rd width devices (they make a mounting deal that mounts 3 in 1u). (my firebox could be one of the remaining two, perhaps)

I suppose that some powered monitors include EQ capability...

If you're not dead set on rack-mounted the empress ParaEQ w/Boost is an outstanding parametric EQ.

Disclaimer: I was a beta tester for the ParaEQ, but I am neither an employee of empress effects, paid by empress nor do I receive any compensation for my testing work.

TC electronic made a 5 band rackmount para eq
TC 1140- awsome eq. You may have to do a bit of digging to find one, i believe they are discontinued. I had the 2290 version- 2 space 10 bands. The eq was excellent.
I do everything inside the axe now.

mortega76 said:
Unless you're GASing for a 30+ band, I see no reason not to use the global EQ in the Axe-fx
ditto.
i used to really want an external EQ, also 1U (best ones I could find were 2U however), that would also store presets and have analog (hands-on) controls, preferably as faders rather than knobs. The Mackie one was a good possibility, as was another by dbx and one by TC that isn't sold anymore, if I remember my research right.
but realistically (and monetarily), I finally decided it was mostly unnecessary.

If a global parametric EQ was created to work like global amps, we wouldn't even entertain an external PEQ for the axe-fx. I really really really would like that.

godprobe said:
i used to really want an external EQ, also 1U (best ones I could find were 2U however), that would also store presets and have analog (hands-on) controls, preferably as faders rather than knobs. The Mackie one was a good possibility, as was another by dbx and one by TC that isn't sold anymore, if I remember my research right.
but realistically (and monetarily), I finally decided it was mostly unnecessary.

What I'd like to have is a combination parametric EQ and headphone amp...

Back
Top Bottom