1st Zakk Wylde Rhythm Attempt - Free Preset

My first (fairly-fairly-ish) successful attempt at a famous tone. Quite happy with the flanger, think it needs to come up a tad.

I didn't really do much with the reverb to be honest, mostly out of laziness. Tried to follow some settings I found regarding the SPX90 "Symphonic" setting, think it came out ok!

All thoughts and feedback welcomed and encouraged!

Recorded with a Gibson SG Special, with BKP Miracle Man set. Only a touch of compression via bus to tie the guitars together, but most of what you'll hear is the tone (stacked).
(The recording is quad tracked because, well, Zakk)

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Attachments

• Zakky Babes.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 141
I think it sounds really good but you could add more high end. If you compare this with the original recording you can hear more high end in zack's tone. You're really really close though in my opinion. Maybe turning the bright switch on might get you even closer.

My first (fairly-fairly-ish) successful attempt at a famous tone. Quite happy with the flanger, think it needs to come up a tad.

I didn't really do much with the reverb to be honest, mostly out of laziness. Tried to follow some settings I found regarding the SPX90 "Symphonic" setting, think it came out ok!

All thoughts and feedback welcomed and encouraged!

Recorded with a Gibson SG Special, with BKP Miracle Man set. Only a touch of compression via bus to tie the guitars together, but most of what you'll hear is the tone (stacked).
(The recording is quad tracked because, well, Zakk)

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

I am a beginner in terms of recording techniques, so sorry if the question is silly. Did you play and record 4 unique tracks or record only one and copied the same one in 3 additional tracks? I really liked the results! Seems a little different from Zakk tones but I like it more!

I think it sounds really good but you could add more high end. If you compare this with the original recording you can hear more high end in zack's tone. You're really really close though in my opinion. Maybe turning the bright switch on might get you even closer.
I totally agree. I also turned the flanger up a touch after. I think it helps that the Paul has a big maple top, so it needs a little tailoring. Will give it a go and see where we are!

@cnaufel not a silly question at all! You can do it either way, but for bigger sounds (and what I did here), You record the part 4 times. Then I panned them; 2 hard and 2 about 40%, then send all of them to a bus with a little compression down the middle to glue them together.

Back
Top Bottom