1st Ultra Rez Experience and I gotta say..

spikey

Experienced
Its just amazing!

I have only played with the 1 12" folder so far. I took the 1969 Celestion Alnico Silver and panned it left, added another cab block in parallel and then use the "rear" capture IR panned right... I turned that one it down just a bit and then used the Vox AC15 amp... I loved the sounds before, but damn... I mean DAMN... I was gonna buy into the OH IR's earlier and now Im really glad I held off... If you haven't tried these you are in for a nice surprise, even with old worn out ears like mine... :D Oh yea- I was getting 84% usage from the cpu fyi...

Its just amazing!

I have only played with the 1 12" folder so far. I took the 1969 Celestion Alnico Silver and panned it left, added another cab block in parallel and then use the "rear" capture IR panned right... I turned that one it down just a bit and then used the Vox AC15 amp... I loved the sounds before, but damn... I mean DAMN... I was gonna buy into the OH IR's earlier and now Im really glad I held off... If you haven't tried these you are in for a nice surprise, even with old worn out ears like mine... :D Oh yea- I was getting 84% usage from the cpu fyi...

I have noticed a huge change for the better with the Alnico silver that Cliff has given us as a sample. Clearer, more sparkly and not as dark sounding as pre Ultra res. I'll definitely be buying the new full Fractal Audio/Ownhammer collection on offer for $99 even though I have 3 Ownhammer packs already. It's all laid out ready to go. Fantastic stuff!!!

Agreed! I wasn't sure how dramatic a difference the ultrares would be but I definitely noticed a change immediately. Things sound way more three dimensional now. I will likely use these on all my tones! Thanks again to Cliff and FAS for giving us the first taste for free.

I wasn't sure how dramatic a difference the ultrares would be but I definitely noticed a change immediately.

Similar to my experience with UltraRes as well this evening...I was liking the new cabinets/UR right away and changed to UR cabs in all my presets. These amp/factory UR cab combinations are doing it for me:

Double Verb/OH_112_DLX_ALN-SLV_Studio-Modern

Citrus A30 Dirty/OH_212_BOG-SH_FN-42_Studio-Modern

Plexi 100W Jumpered/OH_412_MAR-CB_FN-42_Studio-Vintage

ODS-100 Lead/OH_412_MAR-CB_H-PR-55_Studio-Modern

Jr Blues/OH_112_DLX_J12-PR_SP

i loaded 13 in the dressing room of a gig last night and enjoyed it a lot. Today I had about 15 minutes to load in 13.02 and to put the 10 hi res IRs in my Axe. I was doing a gig where I could use one patch with a Twin patch all night mostly for rhythm and scenes with drives and delays for lead. I loaded in the 112Dlx J12 IR and just tested quickly with phones. I thought it sounded good, but it was phones. I got to the gig, plugged in my CLR and 335 style guitar and fired up the Axe.

Holy S#$%balls. Just playing Twin clean into that IR and the CLR at a fairly low volume and it sounded fantastic. The sense of space everyone has been talking about was there. It was balanced, warm, bright and I did not tweak a thing for my rhythm tone. My lead was a whole other ballgame and I should've taken more time with my new guitar and this patch at volume, but I got it tweaked decently after a few songs.

The amp in the room feel was better than it's ever been. The bass player totally noticed it onstage. I'm buying the Cab Pack even though I have a bunch of OH IRs and more credit to come. I can't wait to have time this week to delve further in, but I was immediately convinced of the value of Hi res. It's not a little difference to my ear. I'm happy to give some $ to FA and OH for this improvement. It opened my ears to a sound improvement I wasn't even missing until I heard it and found it indispensable.

Back
Top Bottom