1st gig outside with ax8

kevrock

Experienced
so I had my 1st gig outside with my Friedman asm12. And ax8. I turned it on and OMG. so much bass. It was crazy. Muddy bass heavy mess. I always have the lowest bass on the output eq all the way down. And this show I had to cut the 63 all the way down and some of the next one. Lol. Man I knew there would be a sound difference indoors to outdoors. But this was super different. Anyone else ever experience this ???

It's not unusual to entirely cut the first two sliders, and even the 3rd one a bit.

Depends on amp and cab block settings of course.

How did you effects differ playing outside?
I found my delays needed a cut, and I turned the reverb off in all scenes.

so I had my 1st gig outside with my Friedman asm12. And ax8. I turned it on and OMG. so much bass. It was crazy. Muddy bass heavy mess. I always have the lowest bass on the output eq all the way down. And this show I had to cut the 63 all the way down and some of the next one. Lol. Man I knew there would be a sound difference indoors to outdoors. But this was super different. Anyone else ever experience this ???

Had the same issue when I got my ASC-12... then I had the Cab Block/ Low-Cut revelation and this solved the problem... Start at around 120hz and go from there.

And the 7-band and 5-band eq really helps when you get the Low-Cut right

~ss

Did you have the bass cut switch turned on on the back of the Friedman?

I haven't done outside shows yet with mine... but in general I like the sound of increasing the low cut frequency to 120Hz or even 180Hz or higher without dropping as much in the amp EQ and bass knobs if they are important to the tone. Seems like all those options need to be on the table to find the right sound sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom