1st bass test in a mix!

vondano

Inspired
hi!

this is far far from done, but id like some input on the bass tone in the mix!

I got a bass now! Ibanez BTB776 (got it for 650$CND used, in great shape, so i think i got a good deal!)

so i tought i'd share a little mix test i am working on...

if things goes well, this should end up being a song i guess!

thanx for cheking!

any tips to improve the bass tone (or any tone) is welcomed!

Nico

no solo bass cause i think its kinda easy (easier) to make a solo instrument sound good, the challenge for me is to fit it in a mix!

and of course the guitar is also axe fx 2... per usual...

Hey I liked it maybe more dirt in the bass tone ? but what do I know were in the same boat I just bought a bass too a Fender SquierII Precision bass $200 used lol ha el cheapo Hey I think it plays great . What have you tried using for Bass presets ? I'm just kinda winging it so far . Look foward to some replies and Ideas - I'm gonna post up my first attempts at bass, as soon as I get em sounding halfway ok .
BTW I'm having a blast playing Bass its alot of fun !

Hey I liked it maybe more dirt in the bass tone ? but what do I know were in the same boat I just bought a bass too a Fender SquierII Precision bass $200 used lol ha el cheapo Hey I think it plays great . What have you tried using for Bass presets ? I'm just kinda winging it so far . Look foward to some replies and Ideas - I'm gonna post up my first attempts at bass, as soon as I get em sounding halfway ok .
BTW I'm having a blast playing Bass its alot of fun !

i used a pretty clean path with some compression and a bit of EQ

then the magic happends:

copy track twice in you DAW, track 1 is clean bass (0-500hz) lots of compression (like 10-15) db reduction

track 2 is dirt , 500hz to 7k, no compression needed for me, distortion and a little chorus to make it stereo,

so that way, you get a constant tight low end, and you mix in the stereo dirt the way you like!

send those 2 track to a bus, then compress again to glue them (i did around 2-3 db reduction) and i used a little multiband comp (like 1db max per band)

i guess when I know what sound im after, i can make all of this inside the axe-fx2, but since im still tweaking a lot to fin out, i prefer the workflow of my daw for this kinda things...

but like you, im very much still experimenting...

and yeah i agree the dirt in my track is a tad too low compared to the sub bass...

thanx for cheking! i hope i helped you a bit! ( and not confused... :D)

What your doing , it works , sounds real good . I did all my compression within the axe as I was getting clipping on the bass track . Not doing any post processing in the DAW because I have no idea what I'm doing . I just used the SV bass and bass cabs avail in the axe and twisted knobs till I thought it sounded ok . I'm definatly gonna have to learn alot more.

hi!

this is far far from done, but id like some input on the bass tone in the mix!

I got a bass now! Ibanez BTB776 (got it for 650$CND used, in great shape, so i think i got a good deal!)

so i tought i'd share a little mix test i am working on...

if things goes well, this should end up being a song i guess!

thanx for cheking!

any tips to improve the bass tone (or any tone) is welcomed!

Nico

Was inspired from your sound and redirect the bass sound from my Jingle Project as you describe it, found the idea very good... the Bass preset is from Fremen Bass Dual

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Bass dual - by fremen

hope you like it!!! Great sound on your guitars, maybe you can share the patch..;)

Was inspired from your sound and redirect the bass sound from my Jingle Project as you describe it, found the idea very good... the Bass preset is from Fremen Bass Dual

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Bass dual - by fremen

hope you like it!!! Great sound on your guitars, maybe you can share the patch..;)

sounds good man! Im happy to have inspired someone!

the guitar preset is quite simple, TS808 into FAS6160 and 2 cabs (german and citrus) and then a tiny bit of eq to carve out some 200hz

i dont think sharing the specific settings would help you much since i play with no pic... so i use weird settings all the time...thing that would sound bad to normal pic-using people :p

the most important thing i learned from using the axe fx over the years is to trust your ears! not your eyes!

Back
Top Bottom