1981 DRV

State of Epicicity

Fractal Fanatic
I hadn't messed with this one before. Holy crap; in front of the Plexi 6CA7 I'm just getting perfection. It's funny I'm reading all these comparisons to a RAT, but it doesn't feel that way to me; regardless, this thing is just the bees knees for me right now.

Is anyone else into this thing? How are you using it? The designer writes that he's especially proud of how it sounds with low gain.

I hadn't messed with this one before. Holy crap; in front of the Plexi 6CA7 I'm just getting perfection. It's funny I'm reading all these comparisons to a RAT, but it doesn't feel that way to me; regardless, this thing is just the bees knees for me right now.

Is anyone else into this thing? How are you using it? The designer writes that he's especially proud of how it sounds with low gain.

I love it. I posted a question a while back about getting close to this one, as it is apparently a modified RAT. Cliff snuck a model in the next firmware. Amazing customer service. It does feel different to a RAT, I use it similarly to you. It's awesome.

I love it. I posted a question a while back about getting close to this one, as it is apparently a modified RAT. Cliff snuck a model in the next firmware. Amazing customer service. It does feel different to a RAT, I use it similarly to you. It's awesome.

What is the model?

I ended up with awesomely gnarly rock tones that just felt different to me than a Rat; they felt more dimensional; i.e., I was able to get tones that cleaned up well too, and excellent for Strat neck tones. I guess they felt looser than a Rat, in good way, while retaining just enough of the gnarl when pushed.

I think these pieces of gear that are totally based off each other are really interesting, like the Dual Rectifier based off the SLO100, because they really illustrate to me how a seemingly minor tweak to the original design can change the character so drastically.

Back
Top Bottom