1976 Marshall Cab Impulse

guitarcal

Inspired
Hey everyone,

I'm venturing into the world of capturing custom IRs and was hoping for your expert opinion on this one:
View attachment 1976 Marshall 4x12 - Beta 57a GB Off Axis.syx

It's of a 1976 Marshall slant cab, bottom left Celestion Greenback 25w speaker mic'd with a Shure Beta 57a off-axis. The mic is very similar to an SM57, it just seems to capture a wider spread of tone, if that makes sense...

I mainly use it with the plexis, specifically the Plexi 50.

Your thoughts?

thank you very very much. I'm looking more or less the same cab, but shure sm57.
What I am looking for exactly is this:
Marshall 1960 4x12 "with Celestion G12M25 from early 70's.

thank you very very much. I'm looking more or less the same cab, but shure sm57.
What I am looking for exactly is this:
Marshall 1960 4x12 "with Celestion G12M25 from early 70's.

I'll see if I can capture a few IRs for you using a SM57. I am hoping to create a library of IRs for each of the 4 speakers (G12M25, V30, and 2x 76' Blackbacks) using several different microphones. Time consuming process to get right though...
Any specifications for microphone positions?

Thank you. I thank you sincerely.
I've never had a 4x12 cab and assails me a question:
In a 4x12, Does each speaker sounds differently?
ie if all 4 speakers are exactly the same, for example G12M25, Do you have the same sound speaker top-left, the bottom-left.

Thank you. I thank you sincerely.
I've never had a 4x12 cab and assails me a question:
In a 4x12, Does each speaker sounds differently?
ie if all 4 speakers are exactly the same, for example G12M25, Do you have the same sound speaker top-left, the bottom-left.

Yes. Each speaker will sound different, even if they are the same model. In my 4x12, the top left speaker is my favorite. The bottom right sounds so bad that I'm thinking about replacing it.

Back
Top Bottom