AFIII 1970 Plexi: ML Legends vs ML Brit Big Bundle

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

Fractal Audio just released the new ML Legends Cab Pack which is dedicated to "modern sounding pre-Rola speakers". I've been receiving a lot of questions about what that exactly means so here's a comparison of the ML Legends "pre-Rola G12M 75hz Greenback" vs the more vintage sounding ML Brit Big Bundle "pre-Rola G12M 75hz Greenback".

Luckily they both sound great but right now I'm not really interested so much in creating vintage packs but rather timeless hence the name "Legends" since they live forever right? :)

Also a huge shoutout to the new 1970 plexi amp sim which absolutely rocks. All I did was raise the middle up quite a bit but other than that it's pretty much the default settings.

Opinions? Have you tried the ML Legends pack yet? Check it out:
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/ML_Legends_p/fas-801-0052b.htm

Nice. That first clip (ML Legends I assume?), has a bit more of a presency top end thing that I particularly enjoy quite a lot, overall sounds a more open and breathy to my ears perhaps... I dig it. The second sounds a bit more congested and squashy to me, but has a nice warmth to it. Both sound great though, couldn't go wrong with either.

Suffice it to say, think the Legends CabPack will be in my shopping cart in the very near future ;)

Nice. That first clip (ML Legends I assume?), has a bit more of a presency top end thing that I particularly enjoy quite a lot, overall sounds a more open and breathy to my ears perhaps... I dig it. The second sounds a bit more congested and squashy to me, but has a nice warmth to it. Both sound great though, couldn't go wrong with either.

Suffice it to say, think the Legends CabPack will be in my shopping cart in the very near future ;)
Yes, the ML Legends M75 sounds more direct and modern to me. More cut etc. The older pre-Rola from the Big Brit Bundle is murkier, darker and just a bit more vintage.

Still I find myself using the H75 for higher gain. H55 and M55 with single coils and M75 for that real Greenback sound. :)

Back
Top Bottom