1969 Moon Landing Conspiracy Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenw5094

Certified Bug Hunter
I know a few people here in Ireland who think NASA faked the original moon landing to get one over the Russians.

The conspiracy theory is that Stanley Kubrick filmed the video footage in a Hollywood studio. Kubrick dropped a few hints in 'The Shining' which I thought were interesting.

How many of you believe it was faked?

I know a few people here in Ireland who think NASA faked the original moon landing to get one over the Russians.

The conspiracy theory is that Stanley Kubrick filmed the video footage in a Hollywood studio. Kubrick dropped a few hints in 'The Shining' which I thought were interesting.

How many of you believe it was faked?

i never heard this honestly. What were the hints in The Shining?

They should make a movie about it with OJ as an astronaut;)

And while the shining has some interesting references...theres Nothing that holds up to scrutiny, or the enormous evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
The moon landing was fake, the SARS-CoV-2 virus doesn't exist, the earth is flat, …

People who know nothing of a subject should not be listened to. Don't waste your time with such bullshit.

"How can you be sure it won't blow up?"
"Don't worry about the moon. We set our laser to stun."
"Smart."

Stupid, smart. Truth, falsehood. It's all the same in post-truth reality.

At the same time, there is wisdom in not having blind faith in each and every authority or institution (including "science") which always has their own interests at heart. Think big tobacco, big oil, big pharma, big religion, big internet, big science ($tring theory), big political parties ... It doesn't mean everything is a lie, but if something is enough in their interest to promote (against evidence) or hide, they will.

Also, there is a kind of "comfort" in exposing apparent or actual corruption and deceit. It gives one a sense of intellectual and emotional power over forces too big to comprehend or have any control over.

The trouble is when these become weaponized for cultural/tribal war to divide a people. Who can trust that group over there when they believe patently "false"/"stupid" things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom