1965 Vox AC30 2x12 IR

indeloon85

Inspired
So I shot a whole bunch of IR's last night, and had such a fun time doing it! I want to give you guys a little taste of how these turned out, so here is one.

Its a capture of a 1965 Vox AC30 2X12 (Closed Back) with pretty worn in with Blue Bulldog speakers. I don't know if these are the originals.

A quick note: For the longest time I felt that modelers, including the Axe Fx, got about 90% there to an AC30 sound. To me, there was a certain push/pull that happened with the speakers that I wasn't getting, thought I've played a number of these vintage ones and just figured it was modeled from the 90's, and thats about it. For whatever reason I didn't take the time to look at the cab ir's that I'd use. Mostly from cab packs, and whatnot.

So I grabbed this 2X12 and started shooting IR's, and now I feel its 100% completely there.

Load this up and let me know!!

Attachments

• 65 VOX 212 58-609 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 781
That's awesome man. Loading this first thing in the morning! Nice work!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very good IR. Gigged it last night. Great Vox chime and grind with a nicely balanced mic capture.

Would definitely be keen to see what else you have in the collection!

Very good IR. Gigged it last night. Great Vox chime and grind with a nicely balanced mic capture.

Would definitely be keen to see what else you have in the collection!

Thats great!!! I'm glad to hear the feedback. I shot a whole bunch of that Vox cabinet, so I can post some more a little later.

Try this one:

It's a blend of a 1965 (as well) Fender Princeton with a worn in Oxford speaker. Another blend of the 58 and 609.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Princeton 58-609 #2 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 227
TYVM for the IR's! I will try them out for sure...:eagerness:

Edited- Axe FX II XL+ - Just spent the last hour playing with your 65 Vox AC30 IR thru the AC30TB amp. I couldn't put the guitar down. :p

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing. I´ve just bought the Justin Yourk Cab, cause I love Voxsounds - I will compare........

Thank you very much for sharing. I´ve just bought the Justin Yourk Cab, cause I love Voxsounds - I will compare........

I'd love to hear about the comparison!

I'm sure the Justin York stuff sounds amazing! Ownhammer always puts out great products.

I'd love to hear about the comparison!

I'm sure the Justin York stuff sounds amazing! Ownhammer always puts out great products.

Wow - an absolut great IR!

Difficult to compare to the Justin York - Voxcab - cause this sounds very direktly, great for a modern clean tone.

But yours - very balanced, with more warm Highs and good bass. I like very much and it´s already build in my livepresets for the Weekend.

I´ve got more time I will make recording for comparison.

Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom