Bug? 18 beta 7: patches defaulting to Amp Y state [SOLVED]

Poparad

Power User
All of my patches on scene 1 have my Amp 1 blocks defaulting to the Y state, even after I change it back to X and save. Amp block 2 is functioning normally. I did the "update all amps" option when installing the firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought the "y" state WAS the default for AMP 1. Which I also thought was weird.

I had to reverse the modifier setup in foot controller to achieve this to get X to be my default. I am going back years here. So I don't know if that behavior has changed.

Hmm, I just tried running the Axe without my MFC plugged in and now everything is back to X as the first amp. I built the patches on earlier firmware with my MFC plugged in, and it didn't do this until now. I do have one of my IAs as an Amp X/Y, so maybe the message from the MFC to Axe has been flipped in Beta 18?

I think I might be a couple FWs behind on the MFC. I'll update that when I get home tonight and see if that fixes it.

Just discovered another related issue: In addition to flipping my AMP 1 blocks to the Y state in scene one, the MFC is also unbypassing AMP 2 in scene one.

I updated my MFC to the latest version and it's still doing it. Amp 1 is flipped to Y when a patch is loaded, and Amp 2 is unbypassed, if it were initially supposed to be bypassed in the preset. It does this on all of my presets with the MFC connected, and doesn't do it at all with it disconnected.

Check out if the MFC buttons have a midi CC# attached to them in addition to the Axe FX function. I think the default setting for the MFC (for some weird reason), has lots of high-value CC# mapped to the buttons (100+). Set them all to none if you only use the Axe FX mode.

Defaulting the MFC will not work, as this IS the default.

Check out if the MFC buttons have a midi CC# attached to them in addition to the Axe FX function. I think the default setting for the MFC (for some weird reason), has lots of high-value CC# mapped to the buttons (100+). Set them all to none if you only use the Axe FX mode.

Defaulting the MFC will not work, as this IS the default.

Hmm, I did let one of my students use my MFC for his Ultra at a recording session the same weekend that I updated to the beta. I wonder if switching it to Ultra mode and back to II screwed up my IAs?

Solved! So I think what happened is when I switched my MFC to Ultra mode, it screwed up a couple IAs using commands that aren't compatible with the Ultra, like amp X/Y. The X/Y switch was still working, but instead of it being assigned as "AmpX/Y," it was set to "none" with midi cc data assigned instead. I changed it back, and also disabled "Send w preset" for good measure.

Back
Top Bottom