Bug? 18.07: Rotary Block is enabled in Scenes 2-8 and Revert doesn't work [FIXED]

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I upgraded my Axe-Fx II Mark I from firmware 17.04 to 18.07 and now all my presets that have a Rotary Block is enabled in Scenes 2 through 8. Also, Scene Revert is no longer working and no mater what I have it set to, Blocks stay activated that aren't supposed to when switching scenes.

I've reset the System parameters multiple times. The issue happens with nothing connected to my Axe-Fx II Mark I except for the power cable. I've also tested with Axe-Edit v3.1.9, MFC-101 Mark I v3.08 and LF+ PRO+ v4.18.

I haven't reloaded my presets and don't want to keep making changes just in case this is a known issue that I missed in the Release Notes or on the forum and may have a simple fix.

If I'm having a one off issue, what do you guys suggest I should do to resolve this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bypass the Rotary block in the scenes you don't want it. Read my article regarding the first FW18 Beta - it is an inevitable change due to the fact that the Rotary block is basically a "new" block and all Scenes engage new blocks by default.

What other blocks stay activated? There is no Scene Revert bug.

Bypass the Rotary block in the scenes you don't want it. Read my article regarding the first FW18 Beta - it is an inevitable change due to the fact that the Rotary block is basically a "new" block and all Scenes engage new blocks by default.

What other blocks stay activated? There is no Scene Revert bug.

Hey Chris thanks for your reply! I thought I remembered reading something about the Rotary Block changing. Now I just have to go thru all my presets and try to remember which scenes are supposed to have the Rotary block enabled.

I'm not in front of my gear at the moment but I'll verify what scene blocks weren't reverting.

What's kind of strange is that some of my Scenes were randomly working correctly and had the Rotary blocked disabled but it may have been bc my LF+ PRO+ was connected and was programmed to tell the Axe-Fx II what to do instead of syncing.

I was planning on updating my Axe-Fx II and LF+ PRO+ presets anyways for my bands new songs, so now I won't be able to procrastinate any longer haha

Back
Top Bottom