Wish 16 scenes

Let me ask something for you 8 amps in one preset folks. Do you use drives too? If so, how do you match them up with those 8 amps?

Is it completely freeform, any of 8 (or more) drive channels can be used with any of your 8 amp channels?

When I tried something sort of close to that, it was hard to get every drive channel to sound good with every amp channel, kind of impossible really.

Thoughts?

Yes. What does it have to do with a wish thread on scenes? Maybe start a new thread?
Because it's hard enough to match tones and volumes of a bunch of combinations of drives and amps when you're talking about 8 scenes. 16 send even harder.

But you're right it's a separate issue somewhat, doesn't have to be here.

Personally would like to see few additonal scenes. Have a few kitchen sink presets that bump into the occasional hmmm, really just wish had a extra scene for this too, hell why not 😂

16 scenes even if only 8 are available at any one time. (8a set and 8b set?) selecting the the ones you wish active in a preset or an a/b switch assignable on the fc?. With a ever growing (and amazing) effects library it's easy to make more variations of scenes. Of course we can make a copy of presets but having the extra available could be helpful. Just a thought.
This would boost the sales of FC-12 controllers. Chain 2 together to access all scenes along with tuner, tempo, and maybe switching on & off 2 external fx loops independently.

I'm all for logical excess.

+1 in principle.

But...
  • There may not be enough preset memory to double the number of scenes w/o also reducing number of total presets
  • Preset loading & switching time would very likely increase (as tradeoff)

+1 in principle.

But...
  • There may not be enough preset memory to double the number of scenes w/o also reducing number of total presets
  • Preset loading & switching time would very likely increase (as tradeoff)

There could be technical reasons for this not to happen, but then again maybe not. Only Cliff knows!?

One preset could cover an entire gig. At least in my case.
Actually most of my shows are done on 1 preset and at most 4 scenes.
Let me ask something for you 8 amps in one preset folks. Do you use drives too? If so, how do you match them up with those 8 amps?

Is it completely freeform, any of 8 (or more) drive channels can be used with any of your 8 amp channels?

When I tried something sort of close to that, it was hard to get every drive channel to sound good with every amp channel, kind of impossible really.

Thoughts?
I load 8 amps but really only use 2. I have the BB Pre in front and turn it on for fun once in a while but I never use it live.
I have a modifier on the gain of each amp and/or a control switch to control it.

Except 9 isn't a multiple of 6 ;)

Multiples of 3 would fit better... And the FCs/FMs are physically constructed from modular circuit boards of 3 switches.

But remember you're dealing with a computer and bits/bytes.

Most likely these things will come in byte-sized chunks of 8.
True but I see the extra 3 at the top as separate entities from banks, scenes, channels. The whole shift to 3/6 in FM3, FC6, and FC12 always seemed like an odd choice given that scenes have historically (and still are) in sets of 8.

Back
Top Bottom