16.05 Test

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I was trying to get that early VH tone and something was just missing. So I read about the sessions and the equipment and then it dawned on me. His tone was as much about the channel strip and preamp as it was the amp and speakers. So I coded a quick mic preamp simulator/strip EQ and this was the result:

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/mean_streets_16p05.mp3

It's so hard to cop Eddie's feel so the timing is a bit shaky.

O......... M.......... G.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :shock :encouragement:
a dream come true!!!!!!!
and the dream is.... an FX block called CHANSTR fuuuuuuullll of stellar mixing boards mic-pre+channel Eq....
bye bye plugins!!!! :lol

aehmmm Cliff.... get a couple of BIG BIG body guards ... maybe 4 is betta than 2!!! ;)

I was trying to get that early VH tone and something was just missing. So I read about the sessions and the equipment and then it dawned on me. His tone was as much about the channel strip and preamp as it was the amp and speakers. So I coded a quick mic preamp simulator/strip EQ and this was the result:

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/mean_streets_16p05.mp3

It's so hard to cop Eddie's feel so the timing is a bit shaky.

Nice! What kind of guitar Cliff?

Nice tones!
love the way you think, Mr. Chase, sir.
Channel strip. Oh my!!

PS. Your riff timing has come along way from the days of "Cliff Boogie"

4fBjGmc.jpg

WOW!! That sounds so PERFECT!! Your playing and the tone is NAILED and it had me convinced it was the real deal. Can't wait for this!! Just curious if it was pretty close without the strip EQ or is that adding a majority of the resultant tone? Either way, amazing job.

Oh sweet nectar....

Fractal will be breaking into an emulation space previously only occupied by UAD as far as I know. While there are a metric shit ton of plug ins out there, UAD is the only one I know of using sharc processors to handle the emulations. I will love to see Fractal's take on the various studio hardware units. I'm pretty sure there was an LA 610 on the first Van Halen album, not sure about the mixing desk and other gear. I defer to the real VH scholars for those details. I don't think Fractal can challenge UADs supremacy overall, but I definitely think they can do a great job, and these emulations would be exceedingly useful within the AxeFx, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom