1500 bucks, you say, Line6?

didn't sound so good there. Chapman is a much better player than I am but I didn't dig his stuff there. Needed more Paul IMO.

I just got my AFX2 and actually came back to this thread wondering if maybe the Helix would make as capable a MIDI controller for it as the MFC.

Last edited:
didn't sound so good there. Chapman is a much better player than I am but I didn't dig his stuff there. Needed more Paul IMO.

I just got my AFX2 and actually came back to this thread wondering if maybe the Helix would make as capable a MIDI controller for it than the MFC.

I wondered that too but, You would give up song/set mode, scenes and XY! If you play out live, the song mode alone makes the MFC essential!

Has some good tones.......I'm sure once people get their hands on the Helix with some 3rd party IRs etc...., we'll hear some great tones.

There are still plenty of not so impressive sounding demos of the Axe2 out there even after being out now for 4 years, so don't be so quick to judge the Helix before it's even released & you get a chance to dial one in for yourself.

Those Andertons videos really suck. That left guy is more involved with himself and the camera than with the actual product. Not trying to defend the Helix but I think they would have made the Axe fx sound bad also.

Not to mention they all keep playing with their noses as much as they play guitar!?

Those Andertons videos really suck. That left guy is more involved with himself and the camera than with the actual product. Not trying to defend the Helix but I think they would have made the Axe fx sound bad also.

Totally agree. I've watched a few, and IMO they are a bit too up themselves to make genuinely informative reviews. From the ones I've seen, it seems they are trying to go all 'Top Gear' with much dicking about and talking bollocks, and little useable content. The in-jokes are cringeworthy to watch. Some glaring errors when describing the products show lack of basic prepwork needed to carry this kind of thing off.

I wondered that too but, You would give up song/set mode, scenes and XY! If you play out live, the song mode alone makes the MFC essential!
I'm using scenes (1-4) and x/y with a pod hd500... I'd bet this can cover just as much ground.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds pretty good to me, especially some of the fx. Helix may be a good product if you want something like the fx8 as well as decent amp sims to play around on. I doubt the converters are in the same league. Ultimately I'm excited for it to come out and see how it stacks up. I wish there was a way to marry the layout of the helix with the quality of the axe fx.

Sounds pretty good to me, especially some of the fx. Helix may be a good product if you want something like the fx8 as well as decent amp sims to play around on. I doubt the converters are in the same league. Ultimately I'm excited for it to come out and see how it stacks up. I wish there was a way to marry the layout of the helix with the quality of the axe fx.

Maybe it does have the quality of the AX8. All there is now is speculation.

Back
Top Bottom