• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

1500 bucks, you say, Line6?

svl

Power User
I did the challenge earlier today- picked the amp every time. But I will admit the Helix didn't sound bad, but all it did was get me more excited for the AX8.

kennyhbr

I took the challenge too. Got 'em all right except 1. Good on line 6 for doing this. One day their modelling won't suck. Today just isn't that day.

mobizoid

Inspired
I tried pretty well every high end amp modeler out there, except the Eleven Rack. The only one I bonded with was the GSP1101. I like GR5 better than any of the hardware, but it is still to buggy. Was gonna buy a Helix, but the lack of midi clock sync to my DAW, and all of the bug reports in Line 6 forum, turned me off. I don't think the Helix was quite ready for the market. I ordered a new XL on Sunday and it should be here on Friday. The price was hard to swallow, mainly because of exchange rates with the US dollar. Line 6 Helix...you loose! Bought a frakin Fractal!

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
For some reason I couldn't listen to the clips twice. I got 1 wrong and one I marked "Not sure", but I'm fairly certain I could've identified that one if I could've went back and listened to A.

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
The challenge didn't really work, in that I couldn't always listen to both samples twice. All I really want to do is go check one out for myself someday. No rush. AX8 for me.

Top Bottom