14.07 Firmware Friday?

(Some girls are bigger than others, some users are more depressed than others...)

By Friday, life has killed me,
By Friday, life has killed me.
Oh Fractal firmware, Oh Fractal firm-ware.

Why did you give me so much desire,
When there is no firmware I can install
To upload this desire?

And why did you give me so much rock in a rockless world,
When there is no firmware I can turn to
To unlock all this rock?

Cliff, do you hate me?
Do you hate me? Do you hate me? Do you hate me? Do you hate me? Do you hate me?

Last edited:
By Friday, life has killed me,
By Friday, life has killed me.
Oh Fractal firmware, Oh Fractal firm-ware.

Why did you give me so much desire,
When there is no firmware I can install to upload this desire?

And why did you give me so much rock in a rockless world,
When there is no firmware I can turn to
To unlock all this rock?

Cliff, do you hate me?
Do you hate me? Do you hate me? Do you hate me? Do you hate me? Do you hate me?
C'mon dude, don't jive
Just keep on hittin' F5

And we can always crack a pun
Whilst waitin' on that DS-1

So let's try to find heaven
In firmware 14.07

And not get in a tiff
Or start to biff the Cliff

The DS1 sounds like absolute dogshit in my opinion and the TS doesn't, so that would be a point of difference :)
I agree with you. I had a DS-1 and gave it away because it sounded like poop with a fresh battery. I would much rather have the Boss HT-2 , MXR Wyld distortion or just more amps like the Randall Satin. waist of time putting the DS-1 in it.

This whole thread has gone from cool to making me very sad. I've had the Axe III for quite some time now and it's gotten incredible improvements. Improvements I didn't pay for. Improvements that I'd be happy to pay for. The constant debate and demand for new features, for free, from a team as educated, capable, and communicative as Fractal should be spending their time is insulting. I'm in the software industry. I understand how customer feedback works. This kind of feedback, which is tantamount to "you're spending your time on things no one cares about," is murderous to team morale and bifurcates a community which I've grown to enjoy. Case in point.

Can we please return to some enjoyable discourse about anticipation of new features and polite requests, giving ample justification and usage scenarios? I'm not even a mod, but damn.

I know what your trying to say but I know what I am saying and the DS-1 is poop to me any way. was very disappointed how it sounded. waist of money.
You don't know what I'm trying to say, apparently...

I'm NOT commenting on the DS-1.

I'm saying there's an SD-1 modeled inside the Axe Fx, so your wish for the MXR Wylde overdrive is already granted because it's the same circuit.

I could only ever make a DS-1 sound barely OK but I know tons of guitarists that made it sound great (against all odds :p). Different strokes, YMMV, etc etc.

I will say that running it into by Bandmaster in the sweet spot of the power section worked well since it broke up somewhat easily and tamed the harsh highs inherent to the pedal. I've since built a BYOC clone that mimics the original Japanese issue and running it with the op amp gain wide open is a significant improvement over the Taiwanese version.

Back
Top Bottom