13 year Fractal user and loving this new FM3!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
The AX8 and FX8 were not my cup of tea for various reasons, but the FM3 really checks off most areas for me. I own an Axe Fx III and have also owned a Axe Fx Standard, a Axe Fx II and also owned, for short period, the AX8 and FX8. Simply put these 3 switches do a lot and you can either use by self or connect FC6/12.

What I wanted. Something that was almost identical for front panel and editor as the Axe Fx III(AX8 and FX8 were frustrating in this regard). Something smaller and more portable, that also was around a grand. It does all this in spades. While certain patches I do in the Axe Fx III cannot fit, I can simply change things a tad and sometimes less is more and I end up liking the sound(s) better.

For me, I think this is fun for home and practice and possibly live. Nice to have the live rig packed up(Axe Fx III) and maybe just use the FM3 for home and rehearsal? I do wish the patches created in one could just be used in other, this would be ideal for the situation I just mentioned. You could just load up any updates you did on the FM3 and then transfer to Axe Fx III before gig?

Anyways, I'm really really liking the form factor and sounds. Austin Buddy helps save you time and highly recommend(not sponsored, just think it helps most).

+1 on the Austin Buddy packs. I too had a hard time with the screen on the AX8. The FM3 was everything I found lacking in the AX8. My FM3 is my main rig and I've never been happier, although the rabbit hole is deep.......

Back
Top Bottom