/ 13 = Wow

I never tried the Divided /13 until I saw your post. As I was intrigued, I dialed in settings as suggested by Simeon and Scott. Bingo ! There is something magic in this amp and the way it reacts to attack and guitar volume... Addictive. Now one of my favourite. Thanks.

I,never tried the Divided /13 until I saw your post. As I was intrigued, I dialed in settings as suggested by Simeon and Scott. Bingo ! There is some magic in the way this amp reacts to attack and guitar volume. Now one of my favourite. Simply addictive! Thanks.

I'd note what some have said about rolling bass way off and treble way up. Reminds me of my Tweed Deluxe (which Cliff says he's going to try to model today-yea). It only has a tone knob, but in order to not be really dark, the tone knob needs to be at least 3/4 of the way up if not more. It's can be a beautiful dance getting the tone set just right for the gain level you have which will clip the highs when driven. I discovered the beauty of a tele bridge pu with this kind of an amp in a way I hadn't gotten before. When the potential harshness of the bridge pu meets the tweed style clipping, a gorgeous and responsive synergy can occur. Sounds great played with fingers, too.

Never tried the Divided /13 until I saw your post. As I was intrigued, I dialed in settings as suggested by Simeon and Scott. Bingo ! There is some magic innthe way this amp reacts to attack and guitar volume. Now one of my favourite. Simply addictive. Thanks!

Care to share the secrets? Mine is super dark, even with a Strat (my usual axe). I want to love it...not that there's a lack of lovable amps or anything. I'd love to get a great, light crunch, touch-sensitive tone from it. Currently using the Badger and Deluxe for that, so no complaints!

As well as the obvious try reducing the proximity setting in the cab block. I usually find this is set too high for my taste but with this amp I dialled it back even further than normal. I love this amp, it is *very* 'touch sensitive' though and hence shows up my shoddy playing technique something chronic! I guess that can only be a good thing in the long run...

This amp model is currently sitting at the very top of my list as #1. I ended up adjusting things very similar to what Simeon and Scott P. suggested in various posts. Low on the bass, high on the mids and treble. I ended up picking the same cabs Simeon suggested after trying various combos and then just played with the mics a bit. I'm working on nailing a boost/drive for my patch still. Running the bass low has been key.. between 2-3 for me. Playing through studio monitors only so far.

Incredible sound with my LsL Strat... I've stuck to that one guitar for my patch building lately to keep things more focused. I'll work on patches for my Les Paul next, depending on how well it translates. Might need very little adjusting other than lowering gain slightly.

Cab IR's are the key to all this for me. I'm getting a little better at my work flow- just using stock cab IR's for now. Waiting to see what's around the corner based on Scott P's hints..

Carry on..

I decided to give this amp a try this morning and I ran into a problem. When my guitar volume is at 5 or so it sounds great with most amp settings. But, when I roll up the volume to 8 9 or 10, everything drops out. It is as if the volume, gain and tone gets rolled back to 1. Sounds awful. My guitar is fine because all other amps react well in the gain as I increase the guitars volume. So any help?

Amp setting: didn't really matter did this on everything I tried
Cab: Tried block 16 and 36 with same results

did you try resetting the amp? sounds like one of the advanced dynamic parameters is out of whack

Well, I pulled up the amp stock and I don't mess with any of the deep editing parameters. Maybe I might have changed something without knowing it but I don't think so.

I'll chime in with kudos for this model for clean/edgy sounds. I went past it a number of times when checking out the new amps -- played a chord, went 'meh' as it sounded so muffled/dark.

Finally sat down with it, got radical with the tone controls (bass almost off, treble near max, etc.) and it really comes alive. It's fast becoming one of my two go-to clean amps.

TT

The /13 has become my main clean and "broken clean" amp.

Drive around 2.75 keeps it clean and works well with single coils and humbuckers.
Bass 2, treble 10, master around 6, voila.

Running it with a mix of EVM, G12 and G12H (as with all my amp blocks).

It's clean, but it cuts and has body. So far it has succeeded in fighting off attacks by Tweed Deluxe and its partners in clean.

I have yet to explore some amps like the new Badger, but he /13 is still my go to. I run it with the drive up around 6 or so for a low OD tone with my Strat. Hit it with an RC Booster for a clean boost that attenuates the lows a little more as well. I'll try messing with it for a more base clean tone this weekend.

It's weird. I like it but regardless of where I put the bass setting I get a sustained square wave on the 6th string, especially on the note G. It's a wholly sound that mixes in. But if I hold it it's a square wave that rolls unnaturally long. I'm playing a Gibson ES-355. Otherwise it's cool. I just have that on the grid.

It's weird. I like it but regardless of where I put the bass setting I get a sustained square wave on the 6th string, especially on the note G. It's a wholly sound that mixes in. But if I hold it it's a square wave that rolls unnaturally long. I'm playing a Gibson ES-355. Otherwise it's cool. I just have that on the grid.

You had me on 'sustained square wave'.

Back
Top Bottom