/ 13 = Wow

kerrlehr

Experienced
I wanted to post a clip about how much I am enjoying the new Divided by 13 amp in 7.0.

This amp is really unique and has a very touch sensitive and organic feel. It seemed to elicit new
material from my fingers as soon as I started playing through it. It has a sound all it's own when compared to what else is in the Axe-FX II.
It does remind me a lot of previously owned, 6V6 driven Bogner Duende 15,which I really loved, but just had to sell partly to afford the AXE-FX II.

Kudos FAS on a fantastic sounding, colorful and versatile addition to our amp selection.

If you have not spent some time with this new amp. I want to point you in it's direction for an audition.

+1 on that.

My main clean to very light breakup. Sounds fantastic. Glad i found a new amp, since the Eggie still is locked up in my Ultra :)

I had a CJ11 for a while and am enjoying this mode quite a bit. The touch sensitivity is pretty addicting. It seems very bass heavy to me, more so than the amp from what I remember but it's been a few years since I had that one. I have the bass turned way down.

Which speaker IR's are you liking with it? The CJ11 I had was a 1x12 with a G12M. I'm using the 4x12 Basketweave G12H30 (RW) combined with the 2x12 Gold 30 Far-Field (JM) and like that combination with it a lot.

Agreed- I haven't had a chance to really mess with advanced settings or audition cabs, etc. but it caught my attention. I've only ever played a FTR37 as far as the real amps go, which was a killer amp. I'd love to try some of the others. I haven't had time to really dig into the Axe lately, but there does indeed seem to be some more magic with this latest FW(7). I just need a bigger FRFR option over studio monitors to really take things up a notch.

I wanted to post a clip about how much I am enjoying the new Divided by 13 amp in 7.0.

This amp is really unique and has a very touch sensitive and organic feel. It seemed to elicit new
material from my fingers as soon as I started playing through it. It has a sound all it's own when compared to what else is in the Axe-FX II.
It does remind me a lot of previously owned, 6V6 driven Bogner Duende 15,which I really loved, but just had to sell partly to afford the AXE-FX II.

Kudos FAS on a fantastic sounding, colorful and versatile addition to our amp selection.

If you have not spent some time with this new amp. I want to point you in it's direction for an audition.

Hi kerrlehr,

Just curious what you are playing through...FRFR or Pwramp and Cabs?

Thanks,
D

I totally dig it for country/roots/Americana type of crunchy 'character' stuff.

I'm dialing the bass very low and treble very high with humbuckers and using a combo of Red Wire Basketweave G12M-25 IR's - one SM57 0" Cap Edge and one R121 0" Cap.

Love it.

i just had a crack at it as well...bass low...mid and treb on about 8...master on 7, gain on 6, basketweave 30 and 25. really nice. it takes drive pedals really well too...

Gave it a go this evening at home. Didn't plan on it, but I got stuck playing for hours. I guess that says a lot about how marvelous the sim is.

wheres the clip or the beef or both?

I still love the trainwreck, but the /13 nd the badger have jumped on in. Sound great with my SC Strats and my HB start.

Looking forward to trying it out, still can't get off the 'plexi normal' which I'm finding just stunning for warm clean tones.

Haven't spent any time with the /13 yet. I've a day off at the studio tomorrow so that and the AFD100 are getting some serious abuse!

Care to share the secrets? Mine is super dark, even with a Strat (my usual axe). I want to love it...not that there's a lack of lovable amps or anything. I'd love to get a great, light crunch, touch-sensitive tone from it. Currently using the Badger and Deluxe for that, so no complaints!

I don't have Redwirez - do I need them? I really hate to spend more money, still recovering from my Axe/MFC/rack purchase! And certainly there are many great cabinets in the box already.

I have not yet begun to figure this thing out, though my tones are amazing to me (and the listeners seems to agree).

Care to share the secrets? Mine is super dark, even with a Strat (my usual axe). I want to love it...not that there's a lack of lovable amps or anything. I'd love to get a great, light crunch, touch-sensitive tone from it. Currently using the Badger and Deluxe for that, so no complaints!

I don't have Redwirez - do I need them? I really hate to spend more money, still recovering from my Axe/MFC/rack purchase! And certainly there are many great cabinets in the box already.

I have not yet begun to figure this thing out, though my tones are amazing to me (and the listeners seems to agree).

Honestly, it is a "Character" amp. You can't make it be something it is not. It is not going to give you something it is not. What you really need to do with this one, is hear what it offers, and go with it. This amp will not appeal to all. But to those who see what it offers. It is a super fun amp that has the ability to extract it's own sound from your fingers if you let it>

I don't know if you hear what I am saying here. But that is about the best way I can explain this amp.

You do not "Need" any additional IR's to get a good result from your axe. This is for taking it to another level for certain players who feel a need for this.

Thanks, great response. I'll play with it some more, already stumbled on a nice cab combo for another amp but didn't have time to try it on the /13.

Back
Top Bottom