/13 Goodness! St. Michael Blues

groovenut

Power User
I thought I would give the /13 a try with an original composition that I have been kicking around for years. This seemed like a good excuse to bring it to the public and the /13 doesn't disappoint! Really chewy and fat with just the right amount of controllable breakup and great dynamics. I used stock factory #12 and #18 cabs

Sounded sweet, nice tune too. I was curious about the /13 amp too (never played an actual amp-just having listened to sound clips) and tried to put together a patch last night. I'm having a difficult time getting the flubbiness out of the bottom registers - low e string. Just to clarify you were using a stereo cab with the 1x12 Boogafunk and the 1x15 Thunderbolt? Wondering if you would mind sharing some of your settings - did you tweak the speaker resonance settings, eq, amp gain? I'm playing with one of my partscasters, lollar blonde pickups, 10s... I experimented with a few different speaker choices which did bring the snap back to the low e, but I really like the "woody, or fat" character that the 1x15 speaker added and would like to dial this in - could use some suggestions.

Sounded sweet, nice tune too. I was curious about the /13 amp too (never played an actual amp-just having listened to sound clips) and tried to put together a patch last night. I'm having a difficult time getting the flubbiness out of the bottom registers - low e string. Just to clarify you were using a stereo cab with the 1x12 Boogafunk and the 1x15 Thunderbolt? Wondering if you would mind sharing some of your settings - did you tweak the speaker resonance settings, eq, amp gain? I'm playing with one of my partscasters, lollar blonde pickups, 10s... I experimented with a few different speaker choices which did bring the snap back to the low e, but I really like the "woody, or fat" character that the 1x15 speaker added and would like to dial this in - could use some suggestions.

It is a bassy amp. Works best with single coils.

Yes those were the cabs I used. I didn't tweak the speaker page or any of the advanced parameters. I used my SRV Strat neck pickup for the clip. Amp block settings were stock with gain at about 3-5 (sorry I dont remember and didnt save the patch) bass was about 1.5-3, mid 5, treble about 7-8, high cut about 4-5, master at 9. That should get you close.

Cliff is right it's a very bassy amp and clean it sounds spectacular. Very organic. When you start adding break-up you need to roll off the bass. Those frequencies need to get filtered out or you get flub and buzz in the harmonics. No amp comp, it felt really good without it.

Thanks Groovenut and Cliff! I'll continue tweaking and probably clean up the gain a bit to improve things - love the general character of the amp.

Just keep tweaking at it. It's a great sounding amp, but you really have to control the bass if you're going to overdrive it.

Back
Top Bottom