13 Gibson Adam Jones LPs Stolen at a Truck Stop

Not sure who that is (ok looked him up - Tool) but man that sucks.
Ugly guitar imho but dang what a grab. Going to be hard to move those, no? People want silverbursts?

Heh just kidding but with all the press and info out there, will be interesting to see what happens.

Not sure who that is (ok looked him up - Tool) but man that sucks.
Ugly guitar imho but dang what a grab. Going to be hard to move those, no? People want silverbursts?

Heh just kidding but with all the press and info out there, will be interesting to see what happens.
I had one about 12 years ago, an 81 custom. I bought it for something under $3k and sold it for just a touch more a few years later. I really regret it because it sounded great but now they fetch $6k or more with all the hype from this limited signature run. Thing was so damn heavy though. I could only use it for half a set before it started to pinch nerves. :)

Maybe if they weren't so overpriced, they wouldn't be worth stealing? Snark aside, if hell exists, I hope there's a special place in it for instrument thieves.

Maybe if they weren't so overpriced, they wouldn't be worth stealing? Snark aside, if hell exists, I hope there's a special place in it for instrument thieves.
How pissed would you be if you paid your money and waited months only to have this happen? I'd carry that rage with me for the rest of my life o_O

How pissed would you be if you paid your money and waited months only to have this happen? I'd carry that rage with me for the rest of my life o_O
It's not like you wouldn't eventually get your guitar in another shipment.

This is still under investigation. Security has strong lead. I live in Indiana and according to the way they talked on the radio it sounds like an inside job and according to the radio it's 18 guitars and some was autographed.

I don't see how you could manage to sell that many without getting caught. The serial numbers are public knowledge, as is the theft. A small circle of people will be prime suspects. I don't think they thought this through.

Assuming Gibson goes and remakes those 13. Then again, they might not
They know they have a legal obligation to deliver after taking the money. It's not a difficult thing for a guitar manufacturing company to manufacture guitars. We're not talking about the F-22 Raptor production line being disassembled and all the skill heading for other programs after production ended. It's a f*&king guitar, dude. Let's not make more of this than what it is.

Back
Top Bottom