12ma cost

Current price is $1000. Posts from last year had them going for under $800. Posts from earlier this year had them going for mid $800's.

stefenator said:
youngmic said:
Anyone have any insight as to why the cost of the 12ma went up $200 from last year?

might want to take a look at the Yamaha DSR112:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=H02701

$799, in stock...

just an FYI...

Steph

Holy crap that's a lot of wattage!

Yeah there are definetely other options out there other than the Verve but I think people are drawn to the Verve due to its wood enclosure and coaxial design. I'd love to go ahead and buy something else since my Atomic FR is useless but I've yet to hear anyone say that they've found something overall superior to the Verve in terms of reacting most similarly to a guitar cab.

iceman said:
stefenator said:
youngmic said:
Anyone have any insight as to why the cost of the 12ma went up $200 from last year?

might want to take a look at the Yamaha DSR112:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=H02701

$799, in stock...

just an FYI...

Steph

Holy crap that's a lot of wattage!

Yeah there are definetely other options out there other than the Verve but I think people are drawn to the Verve due to its wood enclosure and coaxial design. I'd love to go ahead and buy something else since my Atomic FR is useless but I've yet to hear anyone say that they've found something overall superior to the Verve in terms of reacting most similarly to a guitar cab.

The DSR112 IS a wood cabinet. I did a review on it: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21397

just like anything else YMMV. I really like that the DSR112 had a lot of features, a lot of power and a lot of protection, all in addition to the fact that it sounded great (at least to me)! They just started shipping recently, so they are still brand new to the market, but I was definitely impressed! Definitely worth taking a look at. the local B&M stores (GC, Sam Ash, etc.) should be stocking them right now or very soon, so you should be able to test drive them.

Back
Top Bottom