-12db fixed output

Leroy666

Hi All

I'm new to Fractal and after a week or two learning curve I'm ready to use the FM3 live.
Is there a way to set a default -12db output to FOH. I'm coming from the Atomic AA6 and it had a global setting for this.

If there isn't a setting i'd appreciate any advice on how to manually set it to -12db.

The reason I ask is that we play venues with digital desks and no sound checks. The sound guys just recalls our settings from the desk's memory and away we go.
I'd like to make sure that my level is close to what the Atomic was.

Thanks
Leroy.

You may use the global EQ for that. It’s located in „Setup|Global Settings|Out 1 EQ/OUT2 EQ“.

You may use the global EQ for that. It’s located in „Setup|Global Settings|Out 1 EQ/OUT2 EQ“.
That could globally reduce the level by 12dB. It can't set the output level to -12dB because presets could all be having different levels, the Output could be set to -10 or +4, output knob setting, etc.

Hi All

I'm new to Fractal and after a week or two learning curve I'm ready to use the FM3 live.
Is there a way to set a default -12db output to FOH. I'm coming from the Atomic AA6 and it had a global setting for this.

If there isn't a setting i'd appreciate any advice on how to manually set it to -12db.

The reason I ask is that we play venues with digital desks and no sound checks. The sound guys just recalls our settings from the desk's memory and away we go.
I'd like to make sure that my level is close to what the Atomic was.

Thanks
Leroy.
Output levels are not "fixed"...

You can work to get your unit dialed in as you need.

First, I'd start by setting Output 1 (assuming you're using that output) to -10dB in the global I/O menu.

Factory presets are leveled targeted at 0dB on the VU meter. Try to create your own matching that level.

I think that in that scenario with Output 1 knob at 100%, you're going to be at -10dB (I haven't measured this, so there might be something I'm missing) and could use the suggestion from @moerker to globally lower the level another 2dB with Output 1 EQ level.

Alternately, you could connect your unit to a mixer to compare to your Atomic. In that case, you can adjust the Output knob until you get the desired output level. After that just look at the global Utility menu under the ADC page and note the percentage value for Output 1.

Then when you gig, simply set Output 1 to that value.

One thing to think about: just because the Atomic works at -12 doesn't mean that's the value you want for the Fractal... You really need to compare them.

That could globally reduce the level by 12dB. It can't set the output level to -12dB because presets could all be having different levels, the Output could be set to -10 or +4, output knob setting, etc.
Argh, I was just thinking to attenuate the levels of every preset by 12 dB, assuming all are set up to match the same level or loudness or what the op is aiming for. Makes sense to first figure out what is the level outputed at a defined output knob position and apply additional attenuation/amplification as necessary.

Back
Top Bottom