12 year old with AX8 playing Petrucci!!!

willowdale

Fractal Fanatic
He's playing Damage Control by Petrucci, which isn't an easy instrumental to pull off. Especially as close to flawless as this wee lad does! He's playing over a backing track with all guitars removed.

He says he's playing the 100% stock Brit Pre Lead preset.

AX8 sounds great.....the kid's got skills for sure.

Yes, this is fantastic. Great tone and incredible, smooth, clean playing. Thanks for sharing.

Amazing.

I used to hold pick like that. My hand/wrist is a mess as a result. His teacher should work on changing his grip. That grip puts massive stress on the wrist. I've had tendinitis more times than I can count.
What's the main difference between the that and what you replaced it with?

WHAT??? MAN!!!
So he has been playing full time for 12 years now, right?
His parents must be SO proud of him!
He is blessed with a gift for sure.
Fantastic!

Amazing.

I used to hold pick like that. My hand/wrist is a mess as a result. His teacher should work on changing his grip. That grip puts massive stress on the wrist. I've had tendinitis more times than I can count.
Don't some very advanced players hold the pick like this? Tosin Abasi, George Benson, Isaiah Sharkey, etc. Tuck Andreas wrote a crazy in depth article in like the early 2000s that described at length the advantages of holding the pick like that. It was supposed to be less strenuous to the hand/wrist since it allows the picker to use more of a doorknob & knock-knock motions of the wrist, rather than a traditional grip's wave-hello motion of the wrist. What about it didn't work for you?

Anyone here that have an AX8 could share this Brit Pre Lead preset? I know that it’s a factory preset, but I don’t have an AX8 and I will convert this on Fractool to try on Axe Fx II. I’ll be so grateful!

Anyone here that have an AX8 could share this Brit Pre Lead preset? I know that it’s a factory preset, but I don’t have an AX8 and I will convert this on Fractool to try on Axe Fx II. I’ll be so grateful!
You should be able to download the factory banks from the main website and pull it out of there.

Back
Top Bottom