12.08, not clean anymore....

No, it’s a PRS 😎

Hello, Sir! :)

The Amp you mentioned updated the CATHODE RESISTENCE!
Put the old values and you will see the change.

I use Class-A Amps and I noticed that too and after I made the change it was the way I like it.

Hello, Sir! :)

The Amp you mentioned updated the CATHODE RESISTENCE!
Put the old values and you will see the change.

I use Class-A Amps and I noticed that too and after I made the change it was the way I like it.
And when did that happen? Do you have a reference in release notes somewhere?

Updated the default value of P.A. Cathode Bias Resistor for some models. Existing presets are NOT changed. The new default values are listed here if you want to apply them to your presets:

AC-20 DLX: 61% Boutique 1,2: 48% Blankenship Leeds: 58% Car Roamer: 56% Class-A 15W TB: 56% Class-A 30W: 46% Citrus A30: 56% Citrus Terrier: 60% Deluxe Tweed: 49% Div/13 CJ: 56% Div/13 FT37: 56% FAS Class-A: 56% Gibtone Scout: 76% Hot Kitty: 50% Matchbox D30: 59% Nuclear Tone: 78% Wrecker Liverpool: 59%

Updated the default value of P.A. Cathode Bias Resistor for some models. Existing presets are NOT changed. The new default values are listed here if you want to apply them to your presets:

AC-20 DLX: 61% Boutique 1,2: 48% Blankenship Leeds: 58% Car Roamer: 56% Class-A 15W TB: 56% Class-A 30W: 46% Citrus A30: 56% Citrus Terrier: 60% Deluxe Tweed: 49% Div/13 CJ: 56% Div/13 FT37: 56% FAS Class-A: 56% Gibtone Scout: 76% Hot Kitty: 50% Matchbox D30: 59% Nuclear Tone: 78% Wrecker Liverpool: 59%
Thanks for posting.

I note however that the Shiver Clean is not listed...

Edit:

I know you're just posting the notes ;)

I seem to be experiencing this issue as well. Using the JPIIC+ Green channel I usually have the input gain set to over 7 and it never breaks up. Now it seems to be breaking up on at least 6. That's not suppose to happen on that particular amp is it?

I was running 12.08b4 and it was working ok. Now I'm on 12.08. I know I know no changes to the amp modelling. Can someone see if they can recreate it please?

Many thanks

Paul

I seem to be experiencing this issue as well. Using the JPIIC+ Green channel I usually have the input gain set to over 7 and it never breaks up. Now it seems to be breaking up on at least 6. That's not suppose to happen on that particular amp is it?

I was running 12.08b4 and it was working ok. Now I'm on 12.08. I know I know no changes to the amp modelling. Can someone see if they can recreate it please?

Many thanks

Paul
12.08b4 was release on 5/22. The last change to anything related to amp modeling was on 3/6 and that was the addition of the Triple Crown models. There have been no changes since then. This is straight from source control.

12.08b4 was release on 5/22. The last change to anything related to amp modeling was on 3/6 and that was the addition of the Triple Crown models. There have been no changes since then. This is straight from source control.
Could the issue be caused by the recent changes to the compressors, assuming he is using one? I'm not having this issue at all, even with amps that are pretty easy to break up like the Deluxe Verb. Just a thought.

I seem to be experiencing this issue as well. Using the JPIIC+ Green channel I usually have the input gain set to over 7 and it never breaks up. Now it seems to be breaking up on at least 6.

Proof is in data like a recording before (12.08b4) and after (12.08) with no tweaks. Just AMP -> CAB. Might show there is no issue or it's somewhere else (like due to other blocks).

Thanks Cliff, I figured it wasn't that. Something weird just happened though, I mentioned in an earlier post that I had an EXP pedal hooked up via my FC12 to control the adv whammy auto engage on the pitch block. If I set the input gain to 0 I get no sound from the whammy when engaged right? If I set it to 100% I get sound when engaged.

I literally just put the input gain on the pitch block back to 100% after it being set to 0% and it seems to have cured the problem. My input drive on the JP is set back at 7.50 and it's gone back to normal. Could it be something to do with that? Or am I going mad?

Proof is in data like a recording before (12.08b4) and after (12.08) with no tweaks. Just AMP -> CAB. Might show there is no issue or it's somewhere else (like due to other blocks).

Just tried a basic amp and cab preset and added in a couple of extra blocks with the same settings I added comp, chorus and the the pitch block. I can't recreate it at all now which is good. Ok I think I've officially gone mad lol

Just tried a basic amp and cab preset and added in a couple of extra blocks with the same settings I added comp, chorus and the the pitch block. I can't recreate it at all now which is good. Ok I think I've officially gone mad lol

Switch to another amp and come back? Just guessing.

I think a better test would be to revert back to 12.08b4, create the new preset with the pitch block. Save it. Update to 12.08 release & see if the issue is back. It may be related to having an existing preset with the pitch block created on a beta.

I think a better test would be to revert back to 12.08b4, create the new preset with the pitch block. Save it. Update to 12.08 release & see if the issue is back. It may be related to having an existing preset with the pitch block created on a beta.

I'll have to give this a go and see if I can recreate it again. I'll have to wait till tomorrow now after work unfortunately. I'll report back if I find anything. Thanks for your help fellas.

Hi guys,

I'm back, I haven't gone back to 12.08b4 yet but I just turned on my Axe on this evening and the same thing has happened again. Slight break up on my clean scenes in my preset. I've check my comp level that seems fine and also my out 1 level to my studio monitors also fine. The axe is connected to my UAD Arrow. I also have output 2 plugged into my matrix GT1000 going to an FR12P cab and I get the same thing. Out 2 is copying out 1. Ignore out 3 that's used for my external tuner when I gig.

Here's my preset this time could you guys check it out for me and see if you can recreate it? Scenes 1 Clean and Scene 3 chorus clean.

Also tried a new preset with the basic amp and cab blocks and I get the same thing.

Cheers

Paul

Attachments

• Main FRFR.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom