12.03beta4 Boost Edit Modifier Bug (FIXED)

nojyeloot

Experienced
12.03beta4

In this patch I have a Car Roamer and Citrus AC. I'm trying to change my "source" for the Boosts' modifiers from "External 3" (my mission SP-1) to "none". Every time I choose "none" for this modifier, for either of the amps, it won't stick and reverts back to "External 3".

I've tried doing this from the front console & from AxeEdit 3.00.03. I've tried rebooting both my AxeFX and my PC, and no luck.

So, either I'm missing something, or I may have found a bug.

PS - Absolutely loving these new models (TYVM). They're ridiculous.

View attachment YOU HAVE SAVED US.syx

Attachments

• YOU HAVE SAVED US.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
It's something specific to your patch. That AMP block and the modifier assignment are corrupt. Your patch is giving me the same problems but any other patch in my unit is okay to assign and un-assign the modifier from boost on the amp block. Only recourse would be to recreate it from scratch.

I tried to get another patch in to this bad state and can't get it there. Do you remember how you made that modifier assignment? Axe-Edit? Front panel?

Good info, thanks for the feedback. I'll recreate it and reply back.

I originally made the assignment with Axe Edit.

I loaded your preset and experienced the same problem. I then changed the modifier to EXT 1, saved it, and then changed again to NONE, saved that. It was ok. This is something the FAS team should look into.

I loaded your preset and experienced the same problem. I then changed the modifier to EXT 1, saved it, and then changed again to NONE, saved that. It was ok. This is something the FAS team should look into.

This does not fix the problem for me. It'll let me set it to Ext 2. I can save it. Move away from the preset and back to it and it still says Ext 2. But setting it to None after this results in it going back to Ext 3.

It's been reported to FAS.

I'm assuming you used Axe-Edit to create this preset? Is it an old preset originally created with the old Axe-Edit and then modified or did you create from scratch using the new Axe-Edit?

The issue is that you have four identical modifiers somehow. Modifiers 11-14 are all attached to the same parameter.

I'm assuming you used Axe-Edit to create this preset? Is it an old preset originally created with the old Axe-Edit and then modified or did you create from scratch using the new Axe-Edit?

The issue is that you have four identical modifiers somehow. Modifiers 11-14 are all attached to the same parameter.

Yes sir, used only the new AE to create and modify it. It was a copy of another preset that I created from scratch with AE3 (probably 11.xx or so at the earliest).

Very odd. So is the solution just to recreate the patch from scratch?

I've added checking to the firmware to remove any duplicate modifiers. This shouldn't happen though. I suspect Axe-Edit is doing something weird.

So is the solution just to recreate the patch from scratch?

I think you just need to remove the Amp block, save the preset and add it again.

Happened to me once, a few months ago.
Same modifier attached twice to Wah block ... and the preset didn't even contain a Wah block.

I've added checking to the firmware to remove any duplicate modifiers. This shouldn't happen though. I suspect Axe-Edit is doing something weird.

Thanks a bunch, Cliff.

I think you just need to remove the Amp block, save the preset and add it again.

Happened to me once, a few months ago.
Same modifier attached twice to Wah block ... and the preset didn't even contain a Wah block.

Very good idea. I'll do that tonight before rehearsal. Thanks, Yek.

This community is fantastic.

Yek, this worked. Thanks again. Big help 30mins before rehearsal.

EDIT: Here was my process. Saved amp block w/ unique name. Added shunts to vacant block. Saved. Shutdown AE. Shutdown AxeFX. Turned on AxeFX. Opened AE. Added saved amp block. Magic... it's fixed.

Back
Top Bottom