Gday Camilo,
Again, you have done fractal a good service there - anyone 'on the fence' with even a passing interest in fender amps will sit up and take notice of that video. IMHO fender amps have been some of the most difficult to model accurately ( only because I'd never even heard an acceptably modelled fender amp until hearing the axe fx ii), and your demo makes it clear the iii does them well. That, my friend will equal more sales :)

Thanks
Pauly

Gday Camilo,
Again, you have done fractal a good service there - anyone 'on the fence' with even a passing interest in fender amps will sit up and take notice of that video. IMHO fender amps have been some of the most difficult to model accurately ( only because I'd never even heard an acceptably modelled fender amp until hearing the axe fx ii), and your demo makes it clear the iii does them well. That, my friend will equal more sales :)

Thanks
Pauly
I have to agree with you. Fenders are difficult, but the main reason, I think, is that ithey're probably amongst the main amps that we're used to hearing "in the room".... as a backline amp, rehearsal amp, etc. We don't often get to hear them with an sm57 in front, so when we hear a modeled version, they don't sound quite the same, but that's why. So mic blending really comes into play with these.

Camilo,

The tones you dial in are awesome and a great testimony to the capabilities of Cliff's hardware and software.

But ... I enjoy your playing style even more. It's a breath or fresh air to listen to you play, tasty and melodic, seemingly effortless.

Yup ...this guy really has shot to MVP status here on the forum in a relatively short time..talk about the III as an inspirational tool....seems to have worked for you, Milo. Proud to share a few zip code digits with you...it gets easy to think sometimes that South Florida can be a bit of a cultural wasteland, but cats like you refute that fear.......

Dude! How did you ever get that good at playing!! Such good technique and you seem to have this unlimited library of amazing riffs.

Thank you for your videos, they are always so good to watch. Your tones are impeccable, I cannot say more.

Hope I can get my AFX2 within 90% of that, at least until I get my 3.

Dude! How did you ever get that good at playing!! Such good technique and you seem to have this unlimited library of amazing riffs.

Thank you for your videos, they are always so good to watch. Your tones are impeccable, I cannot say more.

Hope I can get my AFX2 within 90% of that, at least until I get my 3.
Thanks brother!! The Axe FX 2 should get really close. The real "magic" in some of these has been done with the cab blending, but the stock cabs are so good! Also, with the Axe 3, I can have all the princetons in one presets, for example. As far as playability and sound of the amp, with the Axe 2 you're still good!!!!!

It’s interesting how Fenders all sound like Fenders, yet still sound different too.

That is why I like the variety in the Axe. People sometimes say why do we need 200+ amps, there aren’t that many unique amp styles, and that is true, but by having all these different models of a similar amp, we can each pick our exact favorite.

I've never really looked into the Princeton models although I've seen so many people using them for surprisingly wide variety of great sounds. If one would search Wikipedia for "how a guitar amp sounds", I think it would be that Princeton sound you had on your video.

Great sounds and phenomenal playing! Can't wait to try these models myself with the III.

Thanks brother!! The Axe FX 2 should get really close. The real "magic" in some of these has been done with the cab blending, but the stock cabs are so good! Also, with the Axe 3, I can have all the princetons in one presets, for example. As far as playability and sound of the amp, with the Axe 2 you're still good!!!!!

Great sounds and playing!
It appears you weren't using headphones? Are you listening thru speakers? Is that what we are hearing in the video (if so what are the speakers)? Or are we hearing the direct output of the FX III into however you record the videos? Not sure if my question makes sense. I am just trying to understand how you are getting the sounds from the FX III into your video that we hear. Thanks.

Are the presets (and cabs) you used the same as the ones you recently made available for some of the Fender models?
Would you be able to make the other presets, like the Princeton, available? Thanks again for all your contributions to getting great sounds from the FX III.

Great sounds and playing!
It appears you weren't using headphones? Are you listening thru speakers? Is that what we are hearing in the video (if so what are the speakers)? Or are we hearing the direct output of the FX III into however you record the videos? Not sure if my question makes sense. I am just trying to understand how you are getting the sounds from the FX III into your video that we hear. Thanks.

Are the presets (and cabs) you used the same as the ones you recently made available for some of the Fender models?
Would you be able to make the other presets, like the Princeton, available? Thanks again for all your contributions to getting great sounds from the FX III.

I am recording direct to protools. For playback I have studio monitors, But what you hear in this video is just the unit direct. I sync the video and audio in iMovie. The camera audio is muted.

I will upload all of these presets after I use them a bit. With some of my past presets, I impulsively uploaded them and then had to fix things after, so I wanted to wait a couple days. I will put them up tonight when I get back from my gig!

I am recording direct to protools. For playback I have studio monitors, But what you hear in this video is just the unit direct. I sync the video and audio in iMovie. The camera audio is muted.

I will upload all of these presets after I use them a bit. With some of my past presets, I impulsively uploaded them and then had to fix things after, so I wanted to wait a couple days. I will put them up tonight when I get back from my gig!

Thanks for the recording info and again for the presets - very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom