10 YEARS OF FRACTAL AUDIO

The interesting part for me was, Line6, DigiTech and the other large companies will have seen this coming, and watched it appear and sail right by them, totally incapable of doing anything about it.
In large businesses / corporations, they often get to the stage where they are so busy resting on their laurels, and their management are literally terrified of taking a punt on something daring and new, the risk seems so much greater when your feet are under the table and there is potentially more to lose if it fails. Ultimately you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Line6 didn't and well, they ended up getting sold off. Digitech lost the plot and went back to making pedals again.

Line 6 got sold off? and? I am betting the founders of Line 6 got a nice big payday. I never see the point in comparing a boutique modeler with a large corporation with dozens of products and multiple product lines.

Yes Cliff created a modeler that blows away the Line 6 flagship but costs 7 times as much. Is it worth 7 times as much? To me it is, which is why I have two.

I don't seem to see the FAS wireless, guitars, PA systems, audio interfaces, VSTs, IOS apps, keyboards etc. I don't want to see any of that from FAS, well most of it any way.

You are comparing apples to donuts.

I personally found out about the axe fx from a Guitar World review.
At the time I was playing a line 6 pod x3 live, which I always struggled to get the tones I wanted from.
Swapped to a Bugera and then a peavey amp, After the axe fx 2 was released and the waiting list cleared out I jumped on board. I still use a mesa dual rec for live gigs with my death metal band, hoping to incorporate an fx8 with that soon.

For studio work and practice I'm 100% axe fx though.

Holy cow, I didn't realize how new the AxeFX was when I bought it in '09! I thought I was behind the times!

Quite amazing to go from home build to international company with a big profile in just 10 years. Congrats.
I think the AX8 will open a lot more doors when released. That I imagine, will be when FA start to make big inroads into other modeller sales.

Wow, lot of elderly here!!! I still remember when my friend piing started the forum (yes, a spaniard did!) and all the hype and the waiting...and all my fights in the spanish forums (mine was the first spanish official Axe FX, first unnofficial was piing's) when I affirmed it was the best piece of gear I've ever tried and people keep telling me that the Pod X3 was better (without even knowing the Axe Fx, of course!) [emoji16]

what sold me was Ketil's Revolution of Rock Guitar videos. i sold everything in my 12 space rack and bought the ultra in 2010. i've learned more about amps and speakers in the last 5 years than in the previous 30. congrats to cliff and the team and here's to many more years of innovation, amazing customer service and fantastic products!
Those videos were pretty awesome. Credit where due, I actually went to the Eleven Rack first after seeing Dann Huff raving about it. Once I was convinced modeling was that decent, moving to the Axe FX seemed natural. I jumped on board with an Ultra in 2011, a relative newbie compared to many here. Been a great run so far. Happy Anniversary FAS, best wishes for the next 10!

I got here by way of Shredi. I kept running into all sorts of issues with bugs, and other limitations with my Vetta II, and he told me to check it out. I think the thing that sealed the deal was when they announced they were no longer supporting the Vetta, and they still hadn't addressed the bugs. Haven't had a single issue with my Axe, I've had it over a year now, and it just does exactly what I want it to do, no drama. I'm not anti-Line 6, I use, and love 2 of their wireless units, with no issues, I just found the Vetta to be an overall disappointment for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started in '86 with a few pedals in front of a Fender London Reverb amp LOL TERRIBLE! Then the Rockman, SPX50D (HORRIBLE!) and then HUGE racks with dual ADA MP1's (one was modified - 3 tubes). From there it was Line 6 and BOSS floor processors. It was on that BOSS forum where certain folks were talking about this super high-end unit I'd never heard of...the Axe-FX. I looked it up, listened to the demo clips and ordered an Ultra...that was a good day! :)

Back
Top Bottom