10 UltraRes CAB IRs converted to Axe-Fx Standard/Ultra

voes

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I recently bought a second hand Axe-Fx Standard for my B-rig.

Man I didn't believe my ears when I compared it with my Axe-Fx II. Lot has changed since AF1 FW11 and AF2 FW15!

That said, the AF1 is still a very good amp simulator. And as we all know, the CAB IR's have a big influence on the sound.

So I tried to copy my favorite UltraRes IR's into AF1 .syx format.

Boy, that wasn't simple :)

Apparently there are 6 different .syx CAB formats in FAS world. The biggest problem was that AF1 changed the syx format since FW10, which made several old conversion programs like AlbertA`s “Axe-Fx IR Converter 2.0” and Ownhammers “Axe-o-matic” unusable.

It took me several steps and different programs to convert them, but finally I got it!

So here are my top-10 AF2 CAB's converted in AF1 .syx format:

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4392312/10 CAB IRs for Axe-Fx Std and Ultra.zip

[Edit]Included patches for the Axe-Fx Std/Ultra[/Edit]

Enjoy!

Last edited:
That's cool... so there IS a way. Could you explain how you did it, please?

This is what you need:
- IR in UltraRes .syx or Factory Cab AF2
- AF1 (Axe-Fx Standard or Ultra)
- AF2 (Axe-Fx II or II XL)
- Axe-Edit 1.0.191 (for AF1)
- Axe-Edit 3.x (for AF2)
- JoJos_Sysex_IR-Converter_v1.1
- Axe-O-Matic

These are the steps it takes:

1. Make a ToneMatch
Use the AF2 and make a patch with 3 blocks:

row1 ..... -> CAB --
row2 SYNTH .........- -> TONEMATCH
row3 ......-> SHUNT -
row4

Synth: Type: White Noise
Track: Off

Cab: choose the CAB you want to convert

Tone-Match: Ref Source: Row1
Ref Channel: Left
Local Channel: Left

Make a Tone-Match and export to a User Cab (this will be in HighRes). AFAIK export to user cab can only be done on the AF2 itself, not with the editor.

2. Export to AF2 .syx with AE 3.x
In Axe-Edit - Axe-Manage Cabs - Right click on the User Cab - Export Cab

Now we have a .syx file in 'Axe-Fx II HighRes' format.

3. Convert to 32bit wav
Use JoJos_Sysex_IR-Converter_v1.1 to convert to .wav '32bit wav' file.

4. Convert to AF1 .syx format
Use Ownhammer Axe-O-Matic to convert to .syx 'Axe-Fx Std/Ultra 32bit floating point (FW10-11)' format file.

5. Import with AE 1.0.191
Finally use Axe-Edit v1.0.191 to load the .syx IR and transfer it to the Axe-Fx Standard/Ultra.

Don't forget to share! 8)

Last edited:
wow this is amazing! great job on the conversion.

if you could do THAT, i'm sure you could figure out II XL to non-XL II preset conversion :)

Hey I just downloaded these IRs. I was comparing the frequency responses for each and they all seem to have a similar looking low end. The low end doesn't roll-off like guitar cab IRs usually do. It just stays flat. Is this right?

Hey I just downloaded these IRs. I was comparing the frequency responses for each and they all seem to have a similar looking low end. The low end doesn't roll-off like guitar cab IRs usually do. It just stays flat. Is this right?

That could be possible. I used to Tone-match most of them with a Mic-Type: Null and Proximity between 3-5.

The reason is I liked it that way, but those parameters are not available in AF1

Thanks Patrick,

Would it be possible that you also share your patches from your AF1?

Lars

No problem, I've included them in the original download zip file.

Since it's my B-rig and I have a LF Jr. controller, I only use 4 patches so far.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much!

But why haven´t you used the TML 103 - Mic from the Dax-Voxcab? Thats the best IR´r from this Cab - so we think in the german Forum.

Thank you very much!

But why haven´t you used the TML 103 - Mic from the Dax-Voxcab? Thats the best IR´r from this Cab - so we think in the german Forum.

Thanks for the tip, I will try that one again !

Wow thank you so much!!!

it's a shame i don't have a AF2 to try to convert some but if the community helps the GEN1 guys with some Ultra Res compatible IR will be much appreciated :)

Do you have Any Bogner UberKab? or Friedman IR?

That would be Awesome!

Thanks again!

Thank you very much!

Well, I finally had the time to test this IR, and indeed it's better than the Vox AC30 Blue M201TG N

So I replaced IR 02 with Vox AC30 Blue TLM103 N and also included the original on 11 Vox AC30 Blue M201TG N

Patches are also updated.

Thanks for the tip!

Thank you much,
I'm using AF1 and AF 2 SPDIFed using some old tones with new effects and this is one more on the to-do . . . Thanks

Back
Top Bottom