10 Loudest Rock Bands of All Time....

David Lee Roth Skyscraper tour. It was intensely loud. Even with earplugs I had tinnitus the next day.

Blue Oyster Cult, back in 75 or 76.
Ears rang for 3 days.

This^^^

After seeing BOC at about this same time at the Akron Civic Theatre I started wearing ear protection to all shows. Unfortunately, between those early shows and a bunch of years around and in Navy A-6 Intruders and F/A-18's, my hearing is a mess.

I believe The Who held the loudest band record in the Guiness Book at one time.

Van Halen and Kiss blew my ears out a few times in the late 70s.

For me, Too Loud = BAD!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of the concerts I have been to Kings X at the Galaxy is the one that killed my hearing believe it or not. I could hear the fluid rolling around in my ears for months.

Indeed... but Motörhead way worse... 80-81 maybe...

I have to agree with MrGiutarabuse.. Motorhead 1st August 1981, I was at Portvale Football club UK, when motorhead headlined with the likes of Ozzy (With Randy Rhoads) , Mahogany Rush, Triumph, Riot, Vardis. Motorhead were soooo much louder than anyone else! & i was only 13 years old! Aaah the memories are still ringing in my ears. ha ha

ACDC 1996 Ball breaker tour!! Damn those Marshalls were loud and bright!! Loudest show ever and I've seen quite a lot of rock concerts!!

When Pink Floyd played their first night out of three at the CNE Stadium in Toronto in Sept. 1987 they got fined for excessive noise...complaints were coming from as far away as Mississauga...

I was at that show and hearing/feeling "Welcome To The Machine" shake the stadium is a treasured memory indeed...that was intense...

Late 80's in Colorado Springs at a Yngwie Malmsteen show. Too loud to even try to stay and ice picky brittle guitar sound,

The other guitar player in the band I was playing in and I left after 3 songs as it royally sucked.

My loudest was Iron Maiden in 1986 on the "Somewhere In Time" tour. Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Missouri. Seems like I remember the press doing stories about Maiden trying to break volume records on that tour for some reason. And I can confirm, it was loud as hell. Not the largest venue though, so it didn't sound that great. Shame...that was a great tour.

For me, it had to be when I saw one of Chickenfoot's first gigs. It was at El Corazon, a smallish club in Seattle. I swear they ran everything at arena levels. I hope I can still have babies.

Back
Top Bottom