10.09 - trip-tik: are you kidding me ?

Thanks for your input Alan. Taking heed to your suggested settings, I do think there may be something a little off with the Axe II sim/model for the "Classic" mode. (in my most humble opinion): The "Classic" and "Modern" mode aren't even in the same ballpark.

OK here's a vid of a Tucana 3. While the voicing is different and it uses KT88's it will give you an idea of the gain changes.
How I have CHB set on this amp in the demo is very close to what you get from the Triptik classic mode. CHC is similar to the modern mode.

Tucana 3 demo with Alan Phillips - YouTube

Cliff as the IP to model one of those, but you should still get the real deal !! ;)

If I were to revert back to simply using one tube amp for all things I play electrically (and some day I might, that love affair with real amps never goes away, even with the Axe-Fx), the Trip-Tik would be the amp.. There is no doubt in my mind. I still own a few high quality tube amps that I am going to sell off in the next few months. In my mind, taking the money from those sales and getting a trip-tek may be the way to go. All due to the Axe-Fx (and the samples on the Carol-Ann web site).

Al

Anybody else get a similar vibe from the Triptik Modern and the Fryette D60 More mode? I have these amps in x/y configuration and they both have that awesome tight juicy bass response.

Ok so i finally updated to 10.11 and tried the reworked Triptik Classic. Wow! This is just as amazing now as the Modern and actually feel that I prefer this voicing.

Back
Top Bottom