10.09 - trip-tik: are you kidding me ?

Just adding in... I had a little time yesterday to explore this model and it is indeed fantastic. I like the lack of compression and love how it reacts to guitar volume and hand dynamics. This is one amp I would like to check out in person. I know one of the local dealers in in Austin gets these amps in occasionally..

Thanks to all involved in getting this model into the Axe...

Wow I really want to try the JB100 and Tucana if they ever get modeled.

Anyone familiar with those amps care to answer this question.

Is the Tucana somewhere in between the OD2 and Triptik? Like, is it more aggresive than the OD2 but less so than the Triptik?

YES Tucana 3 is in the middle

Wow I really want to try the JB100 and Tucana if they ever get modeled.

Anyone familiar with those amps care to answer this question.

Is the Tucana somewhere in between the OD2 and Triptik? Like, is it more aggresive than the OD2 but less so than the Triptik?

now i understand what the excitement was all about.
i simply pulled up the amp block set everything to default, set the cab to a mix of 1x12 deluxe tweed mix and 3x10 vibrato king mix, and was off and running.
what a little gem!
thanks to cliff for the inclusion and alan and jharpersj for the sharing.

I really liked this amp right from the start..
thing is..
the more I play through it the more I like it..
just can't get enough of it..

Kinda late to the TT partae, but...

Same here... I love the rawness of this amp sim.

What's everyone doing with this amp? As in - are we all plugging it into 383 and building a patch from scratch? Or are you dumping it in place of another prefab patch's amp? Just axin', this weekend will be my time to drive and I ain't plannin' on wastin' no time wit'it :mrgreen

Peace Y'All,
Mo

set it up from scratch.
currently i have a fixed effects chain which i use on all my own patches, just with different amps and cabs.
i duplicated an existing chain and dropped in the trip tik with the 1x12 deluxe tweed and 3x10 vibrato king mixes.
i just had a chance to try out the trip tik (without power amp and cab) into the return of my dsl40c and it sounded great too!

The Triptik with Humbuckers sounds good with the new Ownhammer 4 X 12 s and the Basketweave stuff. For a strat, I found the 3 X 10 Vibrato King with the 421 Dyn mic sounded excellent. Never used that mic before.

Oh man! Thank you for that!!!! Killer with my strat & tele!

I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon here. I just fired up my Axe2 using 4CM through the loop of my THD Flexi, which has a pretty neutral power amp, and the Trip-tik sounded freakin phenomenal! Just an awesome rock tone. I was able to get a great mid-gain sound backing off the drive to 3 or 4 and bringing the master up to 7 or 8. I was running into a Matchless 2x12. I haven't found an IR yet that sounds quite as good through my monitors, but they're kind of low-end Tannoys.

I discovered the Komet a couple of weeks ago and used it on a set last week. I was messing around with it yesterday and on a whim I decided to drop in the Triptik. Whoa! My Komet settings required very little tweaking and what's cool is that I suddenly had that extra bit of cut I was looking for. My tone is still warm, sweet and full, but I cut through the mix like I want now (crunch rhythm and lead tones).

I'm using the latest Ownhammer V30 btw (Mesa V32 Standard). I really like what the Studio Pro collection in this set does, and I ended up using the "Dirty A Brit Vintage 1".

Terry.

What's everyone doing with this amp? As in - are we all plugging it into 383 and building a patch from scratch? Or are you dumping it in place of another prefab patch's amp? Just axin', this weekend will be my time to drive and I ain't plannin' on wastin' no time wit'it :mrgreen

Peace Y'All,
Mo

I stuck in place of another preset that I had built for something else. All I really did aside from dialing in the gain I wanted was change the cab and was off and running.

I found that now we need to learn how to deal with nw two drive controls. Input drive alters th tone.... I experimnt nd lso found that i ned to tweak proximity in a cab to shift the tone to the way i like it.

yeah, the classic isn't that impressive when you first pull it up. messing with the input and drive controls got me closer. i was using the 4x12 tv mix cab.

when i pulled it up bass was defaulted at like 3, so i put that to 6 and it got a bit thicker....still seems to be a really focused tone. i expected it to be much more open.

Back
Top Bottom