10.09 - trip-tik: are you kidding me ?

angelworm

Inspired
what's this thing ? it's so ridiculously good that's almost embarassing :-D

edit: from website"The unique gain structure doesn't use high numbers of cascading gain stages compressing the life out of your tone, nor does it use any type of solid state clipping. The OD from this amp is generated by running each gain to their absolute extreme, just keeping them this side of instability"

Last edited:
Guys, try to set MV location to PRE-TRIODE. i got very nice singing tone.

Sorry previously wrote pre-pi.. sure pre-triode - much cleaner tone.

Last edited:
Yeah, this one was a real pleasant surprise. Didn't know what the amp was geared for and I'm blown away by how it sounds. Watching the clock to see how long I have to wait until I can crank it a bit without waking the neighborhood up. (It's almost 7AM... do you think they've slept in enough?)

Curious now!!
How about some clips for us poor fellows Axeless during the weekend?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys,

This is my amp ! And yes they are that good. Not really a hidden secret as the Triptik won Guitar Players editors pick award, but I do think sometimes people are unware of the Triptik, given Carol Ann's other stuff is more classic rock/blues based. in my opinion it is the best rock amp on the market bar none. Also the cleans are incredible (hopefully Cliff will model the cleans as well.) Thanks to Cliff and Alan for getting this killer (and my favorite) amp in the ax ! really glad people are digging it.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

This is my amp ! And yes they are that good. Not really a hidden secret as the Triptik won Guitar Players editors pick award, but I do think sometimes people are unware of the Triptik, given Carol Ann's other stuff is more classic rock/blues based. in my opinion it is the best rock amp on the market bar none. Also the cleans are incredible (hopefully Cliff will model the cleans as well.) Thanks to Cliff and Alan for getting this killer (and my favorite) amp in the ax ! really glad people are digging it.

Cliff modeled your amp for this ? BIG thanks man !!!!!!!!!

If you are asking me, here they are:

Drive - 6.29
Bass - 2.4
Mid - 8.47
Treb - 8.16
Pres - 7.61
Depth - 3.3
Dynamic Pres - 1
Master - 3
Thunk - 3.44

Cabs are OH Beta SM57 USA Modern and OH Mesa V32 SM57 UM 5
Motor Drive - 3.35

PEQ
Cut at 61 and 10632
Dip at 308, Q - 0.991, -.5 db

Then it's just a mono tape delay and a large cathedral reverb. I do a low pass in the DAW at 8,100 Hz and a high pass at 72 Hz. I think I shaved a bit off at 130 Hz too in order to take care of cab resonance. Then it's fed into Sknote's channel strip for saturation purposes. That's all pretty subtle stuff though, and the tone essentially remains the same without the post-production work.

If you weren't asking me, well there you go anyway! :lol

Back
Top Bottom