10.06 Recto Before/After test?

Rich G.

Experienced
Anyone do a before/after test of the recto amps? I'd like to know if there's enough of a difference where I should update from 10.02 or not.

Irotlas made the test and now it's closer than ever before!!!! UPDATE!!!!!

The presence is finally flat enough! :)

I am running Guitar->Axe FX II->Carvin DCM1540L->Splawn 2x12 with G12-75T

HUGE difference with the recto.

I don't have a before and after, but I can say I hated it before and it sounds incredible now.

And it is not a subtle difference. It is like someone pulled the blanket off it and got rid of the overbearing bass.

Very noticable difference.

I know on all my recto patches before, I had the bass at 0. Now I turned them up. The models match my mesa trip pretty darn well now.

Last edited:
+1, I'm still new to the Axe II. I must say though when I received mine with v10 i couldn't really get the recto to where i like. I agree about the bass on it. Updated last night and wow I'm shocked, I'm one of those people who noticed a difference! Same with the 5153.

I know the feeling. I once shut down the entire Boeing Long Beach C17 manufacturing plant for 5 hours due to a one bit error. 2,000 employees sitting on their hands. It did not go over well. :eek:ops

Once, a million invoices, digitally signed, got lost from our customers database, only at the hit of a key, at my utilities company; not my fingers, but it was my responsibility, it took us three weeks to regen all the stuff... no backup copy, damnation! IBM was in care of the f**king system!

I wasn't fired out, but now I'm not a project manager, only a senior consultant, and that's the best, more time to play along with my guitars...axe, and all this blooming things.

I updated last night and the Rectos sound great!!

At first it didn't sound quite right to me so I switched all the parameters in the amp block back to default. Turns out I had adjusted speaker resonance a bit in 10.02 by bringing the low end down. I put the speaker resonance parameters back to default in 10.06 and it sound right to me.

I will definitely agree that the Recto is now at the top of the game. It went from being a "maybe I can use this for some effected sound in recordings" amp to "WOOHOO! DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY!" amp in about 5 minutes flat. It slays.

They are just ripping ass now, I can attest to that. I've never heard them sound so good.

The rectos went from amps I avoided to some of my favorites. That's how good the update is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom