10.05 Problem, says it is already on my ultra when it is not

KyleUMF

Inspired
basically the title says it all…. I loaded the 10.05 file and everything goes great until it is finished, it says this version is already on my axe-fx when the axe-fx clearly says that its still at 10.03 and also says that on the axe edit. anyone else have this problem?

Also I have never had a problem loading other peoples patches or editing patches through axe-edit and saving em on my ultra. it always shows a connection fine but when i do midi loopback test it always says fail, whats that about?

Last edited:
yep, I have the same exact issue after tweaking timing, buffers, etc ... still unresolved. Going to try a different midi interface. Connecting your midi out to your midi in would do it on the loopback - that fails? Never tried it since everything else works EXCEPT the upgrade.

My loopback test always fails as well, and yet I can upgrade my firmware, backup banks and patches and everything else just fine, so I don't worry about it. My advice to you about the firmware thing would be to downgrade back to 10.03 and see if it goes through ok, and then re-do 10.05. That should take care of it. If it gives you that problem with 10.03, try 10.0 and then 10.5. Hopefully that'll get you taken care of.

hmmm yeah i can backup all my banks fine too, so my axe fx says that im at 10.03 right now even though when i upload the 10.05 it says i already have 10.05. but your saying to try and download 10.0?

Yep, go back to 10.0 or 10.1 or 10.2 and then re-do the upgrade to 10.5 and it should go fine...hopefully. That's barring any other issues that may be going on. What happened to yours may just be a glitch or a fluke, so doing this would fix it.

Yep, go back to 10.0 or 10.1 or 10.2 and then re-do the upgrade to 10.5 and it should go fine...hopefully. That's barring any other issues that may be going on. What happened to yours may just be a glitch or a fluke, so doing this would fix it.

Okay cool, I found the old updates so I will try and do that tonight! Thanks!

Try just going back to 10.02. Don't go lower than that. Can't remember when they changed the Midi number thing, but I'm sure it was changed in 10.02, so try that one just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom