10,000th post!

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Wow... I can't believe that since 2013 I've posted 10,000 messages here!

I would like to thank Fractal for providing me with the amazing gear that inspires me to play more, tweak more, learn more and enjoy guitar more every single day!

And thanks to you bunch of knuckle heads for sharing the experience! You guys welcomed me in from day one and made me feel comfortable asking all manner of questions. I've tried to pay that back in kind by doing the same to all the other new people that join every day.

I started with an Axe Fx II mkII, an ART SLA-2, a DMC Ground Control and a self built 2x12 pine cabinet with 2 Budda Phat 12 speakers.

I eventually got a Matrix GT-800FX and some Xitone wedges, and then an MFC-101 (after trying out the FCB1010 and Gordius LG2X along the way). Add in a couple Mission Engineering EP-1 pedals!

I convinced several friends to hop on the Fractal bandwagon...

I moved up to the Axe Fx II XL+ while also converting my friend and co-guitarist to (my old) Axe Fx. Switched to primarily using IEMs for the band.

Add in a couple more EP-1 pedals ;)

Now we're in the modern world of Axe Fx III and FC-12... And it feels like the first day, just with more knowledge and more power.

And the firmware keeps coming... I say "bring it on!".

Here's to the next 10,000 messages!

Funny, I also started with an SLA and a home-built cabinet (with Eminence speakers). Pretty happy with my QSC CP12 now.

Tell anyone outside this forum that you have posted 10,000 posts on some forum and they will stare at you with a strange look on their faces.
Doing the math and using 6 years as the time frame it only averages to 4.5 posts per day... That doesn't sound so bad ;)

Tell anyone outside this forum that you have posted 10,000 posts on some forum and they will stare at you with a strange look on their faces.

Depends on the forum I reckon. I was a regular on a sci-fi forum, one where people would argue as to which was better, Star Wars or Star Trek? Kirk or Picard? Or who would win, the Enterprise versus an Imperial Star Destroyer? You'd rack up 10.000 posts in a heartbeat in that kind of environment. On a forum like this....., you most definitely need a life.

As for the answers to those questions, Warhammer 40K beats them all, Kirk and the Star Destroyer. :D

Congrats on the milestone, unix-guy!

Depends on the forum I reckon. I was a regular on a sci-fi forum, one where people would argue as to which was better, Star Wars or Star Trek? Kirk or Picard? Or who would win, the Enterprise versus an Imperial Star Destroyer? You'd rack up 10.000 posts in a heartbeat in that kind of environment. On a forum like this....., you most definitely need a life.

As for the answers to those questions, Warhammer 40K beats them all, Kirk and the Star Destroyer. :D

I am a founding member of a woodworking forum that was started about 10 years ago, and I'm still one of 3 Admins on the site. My post count there is over 31K, an average of about 7 per day. I really do need a life, lol.

Back
Top Bottom