10.0 ????

Seen this from Cliff in the fuzz thread......

"Version 10.0 firmware will have Fuzz Face and Maestro FZ-1 models. They sound pretty darn accurate to me."

FractalAudio said:
A week or so.

"I have a feeling
That this week is gonna be a good week
That this week is gonna be a good good good week"

Everybody, join me:

"I have a feeling
That this week is gonna be a good good good week!"

I've been very satisfied using just the Vox, Twin and Euro 2 (XTC Red) lately.
But I have a feeling that the Shiva and Marsha sims are going to join my selected club. :cool:

yek said:
Everybody, join me:

"I have a feeling

I've been very satisfied using just the Vox, Twin and Euro 2 (XTC Red) lately.
But I have a feeling that the Shiva and Marsha sims are going to join my selected club. :cool:

O.K., I'm in ... !

marsha, Marsha, MARSHA !

Bring the HEAT ! :shock:

I am in the final stretch creating/working tones for this project I am locked into. First 'in the room' rehearsals are this Wednesday.

This new firmware is going to flip my world upside down, I know it. I've got an acoustic tone (using my Hamer's piezo), an Orange tone (main tone), Brown tone and Bogner Ecstasy Red tone all dialed and locked in.

The Marsha and Shiva tones are going to upset my little apple cart, I just know it. Add in some new IR's coming from Red Wire (Matchless anyone?) and the Matchless might make a push for this gig too.

Back to the woodshed.....

Scott Peterson said:
I am in the final stretch creating/working tones for this project I am locked into. First 'in the room' rehearsals are this Wednesday.

This new firmware is going to flip my world upside down, I know it. I've got an acoustic tone (using my Hamer's piezo), an Orange tone (main tone), Brown tone and Bogner Ecstasy Red tone all dialed and locked in.

The Marsha and Shiva tones are going to upset my little apple cart, I just know it. Add in some new IR's coming from Red Wire (Matchless anyone?) and the Matchless might make a push for this gig too.

So, it's been a while since we saw your presets ...... hint hint .... ;-)
Especially since you were able to make the Orange work for you. Maybe I just don't like its tone, but I couldn't get it right.

yek said:
Scott Peterson said:

So, it's been a while since we saw your presets ...... hint hint .... ;-)
Especially since you were able to make the Orange work for you. Maybe I just don't like its tone, but I couldn't get it right.

The Orange is setup as a medium gain thing for me; it is simply perfect for this band's material. I am using a 'Pete Thorn' IR mix of a V30 (Uberkab) and G12H30; 50%/50% SM57 1" at cap edge (same mic and position with each speaker). It's working phenomenally.

I've modified Cliff's 'tightness' trick for every preset pretty much now, using it before the amp block. It's the dynamic filter that rolls off the bass. I've found a way to make it work for even clean tones that I just dig. I am also using multi-band compression on all of my presets for this gig. I've retweaked all the reverbs too. I am using OD pedals for the first time across all the presets, the key (for me) being the drive is at "0" and then just using the pedal EQ and output level to set the proper 'push' for the amp. I love the 'tube drive' for this, a pseudo extra gain stage. I've taken some cues from Mark Day's cool expression pedal tricks with the delay too; without an expression pedal it kind of renders the delay useless (but insanely cool when you do have one!).

With 10.0 on the horizon, I'm not going to post them now. Once I have a few rehearsals - and 10.0 loaded - then I'll share them. I've got 5 presets that I am using.

The problem, if you want to call it that, is these presets are all using multiple dynamic effects (the 'tightness' filter and MBC) tweaked for my guitar, my taste and my hands. I am not sure - at all - if they will communicate to other players. These are highly individualized presets all using Red Wire IR's to boot. If you have a Standard, no luck for getting these to work unless you can go sans MBC.

In a way too, I want to be selfish because I spent hours and hours working - hard - on these and I'd hazard that right now no one else in the world has a tone 'exactly' like mine. I'm proud of that. I don't want to serve them up like soft-serve ice cream to the world. ;) (Just kidding.)

Ochanomizu said:
Scott, sounds like a great reason to buy another Axe FX !

:)

If I had enough money, I'd have at least 2 Ultra's. No joke either.

yek said:
FractalAudio said:
A week or so.

"I have a feeling
That this week is gonna be a good good good week"

Everybody, join me:

"I have a feeling

:twisted:

VanDammeBand.gif

Scott Peterson said:
If I had enough money, I'd have at least 2 Ultra's. No joke either.

Likewise! Unfortunately, living in Hong Kong I have a major "space" constraint as well at the moment... :-(

Ah, always evolving, good and interesting to hear.

BTW, it's only natural to be protective of your investments. :)
I (almost) never use copied presets as such. I like looking at at them because I'm interested in the applied ideas.

Back
Top Bottom