10.0 is up

pdelanghe said:
Just did it, worked perfectly. Now 18th of June will not be celebration of the call of General de Gaulle to free France from the nazis in 1940, but of the day of the release of version 10.0.
Actually, the first posts were on June 17th - Iceland's independence day :ugeek:

I had no problems installing V 10 Mac 4.11 and Midi Uno wit the AXE Edit Software..... Can't Wait to play with the new goodies !!! This is better than waiting for UPS to deliver new toys, the best part is I didn't have to explain to the wife How much I spent..... and why I needed it !!!! Thanks Cliff for marital bliss as well as the new toys.

A quick add to my post, I thought 9.03 was good 10.0 is amazing I never really liked the Factory Presets when I first got my Ultra I was tweaking them because to me through my new Atomic cab they sounded dull, ( I know.... subjective sound descriptions) Then I was looking at the structure of the Factory presets and making my own patches which I am very happy with. After installing the new software, in my opinion the Ultra responds better to pick attack, and the overall sound of the unit is greatly improved... Who knows I may even find a factory patch or two I want to use !!!

Great job FAS, Keep up the amazing work !!!!!!
Scott

I just tried one of my Fender clean presets and without making any modifications, at least at low volumes, there is a HUGE change. My fender patch would feel so sterile but after the update, it sounds amazing! With the neck pup, it sounds very close to an acoustic guitar.

And dont get me started on the Shiver clean. :lol: or the new Uber!!!

Great job Cliff!!

emperor_black said:
I just tried one of my Fender clean presets and without making any modifications, at least at low volumes, there is a HUGE change. My fender patch would feel so sterile but after the update, it sounds amazing! With the neck pup, it sounds very close to an acoustic guitar.

And dont get me started on the Shiver clean. :lol: or the new Uber!!!

Great job Cliff!!

Many of the amp models were updated for this firmware. The Fender models among them. I didn't list them all in the release notes, only those that had "major" updates, i.e. Uber.

I'd say more than half of the amp models were tweaked for 10.0.

FlyingV said:
Im curious what Mark Day is thinking about the new Uber ?
And what about the Marsha ??

Mark will have to chime in to be sure, but I've adapted his patches ( inserting a GEQ - last in line w/his Global EQ settings ) .... So, if I had to guess I'd say maybe a little less emphasis on the Global EQ overall .... But that's totally a guess.

And I figured that he's go for the Marsha if the Uber change was drastic, but at least to my ears it wasn't. Probably effected by the new presence modeling more than anything else .... But again, that's totally a guess.

FractalAudio said:
Many of the amp models were updated for this firmware. The Fender models among them. I didn't list them all in the release notes, only those that had "major" updates, i.e. Uber.

Interesting. Tweaked for more realism since you have real-life counterparts in your lab to compare them to ? Would be very cool to know which ones...just curious.

Btw. The update is KILLER !

OMG, I can't put my guitar down, 10 is there!!! I honestly don't know how Cliff is going to top this one. Thank you Cliff for this release of sonic perfection!!!

VegaBaby said:
FractalAudio said:

Interesting. Tweaked for more realism since you have real-life counterparts in your lab to compare them to ? Would be very cool to know which ones...just curious.

It would be easier to list the ones I don't have. :mrgreen:

FractalAudio said:
VegaBaby said:
FractalAudio said:

:lol: ! (in Starsky and Hutch undercover voice)...Do it :)

Thanks for the Marsha, Cliff (and thanks to Dave of course). Wanted one since a loooong time (but in a small, digital package :) ). Absolutely killer. Like you read my mind :lol:

I think Plexi 1 has not been tweaked for the moment.
Just get the confirmation here that since 9.03 there is a new way to capture models which gives better results.
More clarity more definition and more feeling of fluidity for the new models.
All this is obvious in the 1987x model for me.

FractalAudio said:
VegaBaby said:
FractalAudio said:

I would love to bring my Bassman out and let you measure both sides of it. Nothing is quite like a 6G6-B Bassman, it's a very unique sound in both the Bass and the Normal sides. But... the Fender models seem better, possibly a lot better. I don't want to go overboard with first day excitement but I was really having fun with the Doubleverb model and my Suhr Tele.

JT

drneely said:
My axe is supposed to ship Monday I wonder if it will have 10.0 on it already? Can't wait to get it!

It will -Cliff always ships with the newest FW loaded. Strap on your helmet :twisted: :twisted:

Anyone used 10.01 through a power amp and guitar cabs or atomic powered cabs yet? I'm wanting peoples impressions of the new models and tweaks through a live setup with guitar cabs.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom