10.0 is up

FractalAudio said:
It's not beta but you guys weren't supposed to find it yet. I didn't realize people would be digging around in the directories.

The 1987X MOD model is based on a 1987X "Plexi Reissue" with C5 removed (which is the most common mod done to this amp).
How long did it take this time after you put it up that the news went out?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You should have known better. I think you did. ;)

I can't get over how good what I tried sounded, everything just feels good and "real". It must me some psychological thing but looks like something else other than the presence has been improved :? or maybe it was just my fresh morning ears :)

edit - or maybe its the effect of the new presence has in relation to the values I had before

Another thing I noticed was that the presence now behaves very similar to what I remember from the carvin legacy I had. Don't know if this makes any sense. But It really seems to have the same effect I was used to with the carvin.

Brick_top said:
I can't get over how good what I tried sounded, everything just feels good and "real". It must me some psychological thing but looks like something else other than the presence has been improved :? or maybe it was just my fresh morning ears :)

edit - or maybe its the effect of the new presence has in relation to the values I had before
What configuration did you use? FRFR or tube poweramp + cab?

bmi said:
Brick_top said:

What configuration did you use? FRFR or tube poweramp + cab?

I'm using an fbt verve 12ma

FractalAudio said:
It's not beta but you guys weren't supposed to find it yet. I didn't realize people would be digging around in the directories.
Ha ha, Cliff ! Good one ! They're like vultures hovering over some poor animal waiting to die :)

FractalAudio said:
It's not beta but you guys weren't supposed to find it yet. I didn't realize people would be digging around in the directories

:lol: FAS firmware update directorys is the only shortcut in my internet brouser I check every day. Bet I'm not alone either :D

Dang. Can't install right now as I have a show tonight. But I'll be really miffed if the changes to the Euro Uber aren't for the better. That's my go-to metal amp.

emperor_black said:
So, has anyone already updated their AXE yet? Waiting for at least one success story cause this would be my very first update. :)

No problems here either, Mac OSX 10.6.3 with Axe-Edit and Midi Uno.

There's some great stuff in there. More testing today and over the weekend of course but so far looks great.
The only thing I noticed - and this is probably a known issue - is that while Axe Edit will detect all the new amps and drives, I can't select them.
I use the Afx directly most of the time anyway :)
On top of that I received my second atomic cab this week! Booya!

I've been playing with the new Shiva model for about 10 minutes, and I think it is my favourite amp model now. I don't know if it sounds exactly like a real Shiva, I don't have one here to compare, but I don't care, it sounds and feels incredibly good, both clean and lead channels. Thank you again, Cliff for your great work.

two quick questions before I install..is there any trick to installation.....Mac Pro SL 10.6.4 also, does it erase existing user presets..?? thanks...I know, I'm new

Presets do not get overwritten but you should definitely back everything up before doing anything. Who knows what can (and has) happen - or else Murphy will get you.

tgunn said:
Presets do not get overwritten but you should definitely back everything up before doing anything. Who knows what can (and has) happen - or else Murphy will get you.

LOL, everything went smoothe...Murphy must have been busy with someone else..!!

Well I can't freakin' believe it. I loaded up the new firmware, turned on my Atomic FRFR cabs, turned to setting 000 (stock preset) and BAM! 3D PARADISE!!. Seriously, I never thought anything was missing from the AXE as-is. But Cliff sure added something. This is AMAZING! And the new amps sims rule.

Thank you Cliff!!!!

cloudsplitter said:
tgunn said:

LOL, everything went smoothe...Murphy must have been busy with someone else..!!

EDIT:
I got it, I just lowered the transfer rate, nevermind
:mrgreen:

I wish lol. man having no luck updating from 9.03 to 10.0 I;m getting Bad Checksum

any suggestions here's what I've tried so far on my Mac

tried Sysex Librarian
tried axe-edit
tried downloading 10.0 twice
tried restarting my computer

cloudsplitter said:
two quick questions before I install..is there any trick to installation.....Mac Pro SL 10.6.4 also, does it erase existing user presets..?? thanks...I know, I'm new

No tricks, I have the exact same setup and updated using Axe-Edit with no problems.

Just did it, worked perfectly. Now 18th of June will not be celebration of the call of General de Gaulle to free France from the nazis in 1940, but of the day of the release of version 10.0.

Back
Top Bottom