• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

    Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

10.0 is up

Rocket Brother

Forum Addict
drneely said:
Anyone used 10.01 through a power amp and guitar cabs or atomic powered cabs yet? I'm wanting peoples impressions of the new models and tweaks through a live setup with guitar cabs.
Thanks
I used it with a tube poweramp and regular cab at a quick rehearsal and it was great. My patces sounded better than on FW 9.02 (never got around to updating to 9.03) with both the poweramp and cab set up, IEM and through studio monitors. Great great great update IMHO :D
 

marvinx

Inspired
FractalAudio said:
emperor_black said:
I just tried one of my Fender clean presets and without making any modifications, at least at low volumes, there is a HUGE change. My fender patch would feel so sterile but after the update, it sounds amazing! With the neck pup, it sounds very close to an acoustic guitar.

And dont get me started on the Shiver clean. :lol: or the new Uber!!!

Great job Cliff!!
Many of the amp models were updated for this firmware. The Fender models among them. I didn't list them all in the release notes, only those that had "major" updates, i.e. Uber.

I'd say more than half of the amp models were tweaked for 10.0.

Did you tweak tone stack frequencies by chance? I think some of them have changed.
Thanks for the attention to detail =).


I mentioned this earlier and it still just blows my mind that you actually listen to your customers.

Awesome. =)
~mx~
 

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Moderator
marvinx said:
Did you tweak tone stack frequencies by chance? I think some of them have changed.
Thanks for the attention to detail =).


I mentioned this earlier and it still just blows my mind that you actually listen to your customers.

Awesome. =)
~mx~
Probably. I didn't really keep track of what I did. I basically went through all the amp models based on some revelations I had and tweaked the ones that needed tweaking based on those revelations.

The biggest thing was the presence circuit modeling.
 
FractalAudio said:
marvinx said:
Did you tweak tone stack frequencies by chance? I think some of them have changed.
Thanks for the attention to detail =).


I mentioned this earlier and it still just blows my mind that you actually listen to your customers.

Awesome. =)
~mx~
Probably. I didn't really keep track of what I did. I basically went through all the amp models based on some revelations I had and tweaked the ones that needed tweaking based on those revelations.

The biggest thing was the presence circuit modeling.
We're so lucky that you have revelations like most people change their socks.
 

stevorc321

Inspired
Porkchop Xpress said:
FractalAudio said:
marvinx said:
Did you tweak tone stack frequencies by chance? I think some of them have changed.
Thanks for the attention to detail =).


I mentioned this earlier and it still just blows my mind that you actually listen to your customers.

Awesome. =)
~mx~
Probably. I didn't really keep track of what I did. I basically went through all the amp models based on some revelations I had and tweaked the ones that needed tweaking based on those revelations.

The biggest thing was the presence circuit modeling.
We're so lucky that you have revelations like most people change their socks.
+1 for Cliff continuing to have revelations!
 
FractalAudio said:
I basically went through all the amp models based on some revelations I had and tweaked the ones that needed tweaking based on those revelations.
:shock:
Your passion for excellency leaves me speechless in gratitude. Been an Ultra "player" since the fall of 2008 and I've never looked back. An outstanding product fashioned by an outstanding individual.
 
Top Bottom