1 year with Atomic CLRs

javajunkie

These have been great for me. I have used them as back line (for guitar/amp interaction), as sole amplification for my guitar, and even as mini PA speakers for a small venue.

They performed admirably in all these functions for me and have been rock solid in regards to reliability. Atomic put out one great product here. I think this is the longest I have stuck with a single FRFR guitar system. I wish I could say something about how fantastic it sounds, but really it just gets out of the way and lets the Axe-fx do what it needs to do. That is exactly what I was looking for.

The only complaint I have is the weight and they have addressed that w/ the Neo's. I don't think I can justify buying new ones just for the weight savings though.

Just thought I give a short review after the honeymoon period.

Could not find the product launch thread on The FAS forum.

Was it deleted or moved?

If deleted I guess we can assume that Atomic's entry into the modeler hardware business is not a topic for discussion on this forum (I would agree if that was the case).

I found it on TGP, not here.

Cool - I've had mine over a year and they've done 50+ gigs flawlessly, never anything but stellar performance. I am completely happy with these speakers.

Good stuff - I've had my 3 CLR's since April 2013 and they have been a godsend for me and have performed flawlessly at gigs and rehearsals for personal monitoring and mini PA, and also in the studio.
The CLR are insane value and I'm completely satisfied with them.

Reactions: ALE
You can get yours upgraded to the neos. I did.
Not outside North America, AFAIK based on a very recent email exchange with Tom King at Atomic, as they haven't yet decided how to handle European upgrades. Perhaps there's more recent news on this?

I haven't had my CLRs for as long as some, but no complaints soundwise, so far. Wish I had Neo versions though...

These have been great for me. I have used them as back line (for guitar/amp interaction), as sole amplification for my guitar, and even as mini PA speakers for a small venue.

They performed admirably in all these functions for me and have been rock solid in regards to reliability. Atomic put out one great product here. I think this is the longest I have stuck with a single FRFR guitar system. I wish I could say something about how fantastic it sounds, but really it just gets out of the way and lets the Axe-fx do what it needs to do. That is exactly what I was looking for.

The only complaint I have is the weight and they have addressed that w/ the Neo's. I don't think I can justify buying new ones just for the weight savings though.

Just thought I give a short review after the honeymoon period.

Well said Sean!!

+1!

Back
Top Bottom