1 second lag in LogicProX with FM3 USB

bgeorge

Hi community
My first threat here, new happy FM3 user.

Got my FM3 yesterday and it sounds great, is fairly easy to use and quite intuitive.

One issue though: when I go straight into LogicPro X using FM3 USB 1+2, it works fine for 5 minutes or so, but then there is a sudden lag of about 1s. First I thought it was a 1s delay in a scene, but that wasn’t the case. Restarting Logic solves it for about 5 min, before it happens again.
I don’t think it is the FM3, as I have no issues playing it into Overloud TH-U cab simulation.
I don’t have these issues with Logic when taking DI from tube amp into my focusrite interface. There is only a drum track next to the guitar track, so I don’t think it is resource issue.
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Hi community
My first threat here, new happy FM3 user.

Got my FM3 yesterday and it sounds great, is fairly easy to use and quite intuitive.

One issue though: when I go straight into LogicPro X using FM3 USB 1+2, it works fine for 5 minutes or so, but then there is a sudden lag of about 1s. First I thought it was a 1s delay in a scene, but that wasn’t the case. Restarting Logic solves it for about 5 min, before it happens again.
I don’t think it is the FM3, as I have no issues playing it into Overloud TH-U cab simulation.
I don’t have these issues with Logic when taking DI from tube amp into my focusrite interface. There is only a drum track next to the guitar track, so I don’t think it is resource issue.
Any advise is greatly appreciated.
If you're feeling up for it you can try 4.0 beta 1. The USB subsystem was reworked in this version.

Yeah, USB works, but all amps sounds “far away” and quiet, even after resetting the amp blocks. I had to crank amp level to +12dB or more …
Reverted back to 3.02, amps sound great again and interestingly, USB is still working fine.

Update - installing FW 4.00 beta2 seems to have solved the issue with the sudden long lag when using FM3 as audio interface with LogicPro.
However, it is still an issue, it just takes longer to happen. With 3.02 it happened after 5 minutes, with 4b2 is happens after 30min.

Could that just be a setting in Logic that I’m missing?

Could that just be a setting in Logic that I’m missing?
I don't know the answer to that, unfortunately. I can say with certainty that the FM3 is not capable of buffering anything close to one second's worth of audio data. There just isn't that much memory allocated for the task. We haven't been able to reproduce this in house yet.

If you could upload your "System + FC" dump from FractalBot, your LogicPro project, and an example preset you are working with, then we can try with your configuration when we get a chance.

Also, please note what version of macOS that is in use.

I was just about to get all the files, when I decided to make a fresh new Logic project. Maybe there was something going on with my old file (plug-ins or so), but the USB issues are gone for now. Sounds good, 2 hours jamming into Logic and no issues.
Also, the USB feed sounds “cleaner” with 4b2 than with 3.02.

Happy for now. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom