#1 main guitar IMAGES and name, if you name it, please

2008 SG Standard lefty - 490R/498T pups - it fell off the stand 2 yrs ago - broke the nut, since repaired, headstock survived, phew!. It has noisy electronics, so so tuning stability (I'm in trouble posting this cuz Mr Eagle had instructed me some time ago to get rid of that "string butler" atrocity and follow a re-string regiment to help with nut binding issues), terrible neck dive, and too un-linear pots. Despite those things:, best sounding, best feeling, most comfortable hum bucker guitar I've played. Could not (actually, would not) afford one today at current prices. If pressed to sell guitars, this would be last to go.

I'm curious: what's the re-string regimen?

I'm curious: what's the re-string regimen?
Here was the advice given - wrt String Butler, I used the word "atrocity", but the word he used was "abomination" as I know see re-reading his post 🤣 - Regardless it's worked for me tho I do find it unsightly so I need to get it off and try following the advice given.

I must be the only one who thinks they look awesome!
I never thought it looked bad, and it was doing it's job so I was happy to leave it on. I only changed my opinion cuz I got the impression from some respected folks here that they were frowned upon as something used by folks who had not yet learned (like me) correct methods to combat nut binding on 3+3 guitars with splayed string routing on the headstock. But I respect your opinion also, so maybe I won't worry about it so much and leave it on a while longer. Thanks!

I never thought it looked bad, and it was doing it's job so I was happy to leave it on. I only changed my opinion cuz I got the impression from some respected folks here that they were frowned upon as something used by folks who had not yet learned (like me) correct methods to combat nut binding on 3+3 guitars with splayed string routing on the headstock. But I respect your opinion also, so maybe I won't worry about it so much and leave it on a while longer. Thanks!

No, Dude, definitely do not take my opinion over Andy or any other tech for that matter. I just think they look cool, and my old Epi LP stayed in tune perfectly with it, but I am not any sort of tech guru at all. I appreciate the kind words, but my tech skills are a bare minimum for me to get by haha. It could easily be the case that, on top of how awesome I think the String Butler looked, I just had less than ideal nut work and string wrapping to begin with. Perhaps that's all it is, just a substitute for these things.

Back
Top Bottom