1 Last Ultra Firmware Wish.... Really Easy one?

ps43203

Experienced
I know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but due to the fact, it will be a LONG time, before I can get my hands on a II, would it be possible to release a firmware version, that makes ALL the cabs, user cabs? Just an idea. It would be a easy to remove the firmware 11 cabs and just make them all users, except for the EVM12L, wouldn't it?? Am I way off? Or is it a, easier said than done, kinda thing? It would be awesome if we could have 49 user slots for the Ultra. I am way tired, sorry if I am babbling, lol. Thanks and pretty please, lol.

I would say you are gonna be better off getting a IR library set up in your computer to be able to quickly load and reload them with the edit.

That's the thing, I have a IR library the size of the average users hard drive, lol. Also, Impulses loaded into a vst, do not quite sound the same when added to axe. Ir loaders, in general, differ slightly, in sound from vst to vst, and the axe. Not sure why, but they do. For anyone, new to, and looking into testing Ir's on their PC's, as opposed to, in the axe. Nadir, is probably the best free one available.

How many do you use on a regular basis though? I myself have bought many but only use a few. With my ultra I only used 1 for most every thing. With the ultra I guess because off the IR size the ir's did not seem to very the tone as much as with the axe fx II with the ultra res ir's.

As the wish for more user cab slots was a long-standing one when the Standard/Ultra were still active products, I'd say this wish is dead in the water. AFAIK, development of these units has permanently ended. I would be shocked if a firmware update ever appeared. Fractal must use its time and resources on current products. I hope you can someday collect the funds for a II or an AX8. They are truly light years ahead of the previous generation.

It is almost certainly a hardware limitation due to the type of memory rather than a simple software/firmware change.

I figured as much, but can't hurt to throw it out there. I am considering selling the Ultra, (maybe), and going for a used ax8. I just wish it was in rack form. I can't use a floor pedal due to disability and can't swing a II. I can get over it, cab slots, just need to narrow it down to a VERY diverse 10 slots and I actually don't mind some of the stock ones anyway.

Back
Top Bottom