1 CLR or 2?

Right now I've got the CLRs wired with the sub of this little Klipsch desktop system with the desktop speakers detached. The sub doesn't have an adjustable crossover though so I've had to adjust that with outboard stuff, but for just moderate TV to home theater type volume levels, this setup works great!

My next purchase though will probably be one of the studio subs you can find in the studio monitor section of the big box music stores, if only so I can get a bit more volume when I need it.

Thanks.

I love a hijacked thread like the next guy....but back to my question. 1 or 2? Need more opinions

now i have not 2, not 1 but none!! My CLR died on me today. But i already had contact with Tom, he replied my email very quick. A new amp must come my way. So i hope i can rock on next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started with one, then bought a second. It's just a different feel with 2. It would be even better if I had 4. ;)

IMO, with a correct gain staging (often overlooked), one CLR sounds very loud. 120 dB mean undistorted (130 dB peak) is LOUD :)OTOH, as someone here above has pointed out, 2 CLRs become very versatile, and you can use them for a lot of applications.

I love a hijacked thread like the next guy....but back to my question. 1 or 2? Need more opinions

Tremonti having read this entire thread with great interest (and the same question) it sounds like you NEED one but likely WANT 2 or more!

One will blow the balls off a buffalo... Two can kill Godzilla...

I own two, but only because I keep them in different locations and didn't want to schlep one back and forth.

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but as I read the posts, I became curious as to whether anyone was "cross amplifying."

That is, using a CLR and, say, an XiTone.

I have one and it is plenty loud, etc. for the 3 piece rock band that I'm in (for my personal monitor/sidefill). I'd LOVE to find someone wanting to do a trade for one/some of my 6 Tube amps or 30+ guitars so I could try them out as PA tops in place of our JBL Cabaret tops though. I'd actually love to see how they do in my home theater in place of my Definitive technology speakers as well. Give me more time and I'm sure I could come up with even more reasons why I need more than one :lol

Yek is, CLR + poweramp and real cabs
same here but my FRFR is stereo on CLr one Seismic SAX 15.
I wa just jamming out to some Satch with all 3 on and it sounds glorious :)

I think you really only "need" one (these suckers are loud) but playing with 2 FRFR wedges together sounds and "feels" much better
(to me anyway)

Back
Top Bottom