FM3 1-8 Shades of Brown for FM3

Attachments

• 452_1-4 Shades of Brown.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 453_5-8 Shades of Brown.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I just experimented with the Tape Distortion Drive block, with the drive set at 2, added between the Flanger and Delay block. It seems like a reasonable substitute for the IR Player and Echoplex TAPE IR in the FX3 version of the original preset, but it thickens the sound enough. I'm sure it's not a perfect match but it'll work on the FM3.

Well, thank you all. It's not really that hard to do, it just takes picking apart the original preset and seeing what is different than what the FX3 can do, and trying to find workarounds or just splitting it apart.

Seriously, the real thanks go to @FractalAudio and @Admin M@ and @yek, @Burgs and @2112 and everyone else who created the units and are our shining lights on how to do this stuff.

I am in awe of the technology, and NEVER expected I'd see units with this sort of capability. Hell, I'm happy to be sitting in a seat on this particular bus.

I tried...i just could not get there with my AX8-these are the tones that made me pick up the guitar in the first place. Great job!

I was rereading the original Shades of Brown thread that @Burgs created when he released the FX3 version of the preset, and saw that @Admin M@ had recommended using two PEQ blocks to imitate the unreachable IR Player block for the Echoplex preamp.

These are updated versions of my previous spins on the preset. The PEQ blocks use CS1 to enable/disable them. You might need to change the assignment as I'm using it on button 2 on the FC-6... or don't worry about it because the effect is very subtle.

Attachments

• 1-4 Shades of Brown.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 5-8 Shades of Brown.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 38
I played the Atomica scene for probably 3 hrs today.

^ that being said, the more I'm thinking about it i'm pretty certain any scene(s) in any preset with an atomic in the amp block finds me right there still zoned out 3 hours later. there's something about that juicy beast. these shades of brown presets plugged and played, nothing more, and sounded great for me too. excellent work in those ozzy tribute band clips you share, btw. you guys do great justice to the originals. keep 'em coming!
E.

This sounds great thank you!
Which cabinet should I be using? Mine went to a Leon Todd one I had downloaded but I do not know if that was intended.

Back
Top Bottom