1/4” adapter/cable broke in output jack

Ryan Ankenbauer

So I got a 1/4” adapter tip stuck in the output jack and I can’t get it out. The pins inside won’t release to let it fall out or let tweezers pull it out. Any ideas? Opening it up doesn’t do anything because the jacks are fully enclosed. I’ll attach pictures of the broken jack. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 69
The same happened to me. I opened her up and thanks to the design of the internal jack inputs you'll be able to wiggle the ball-end out using something like the tip of a thin screwdriver. Be sure to have everything plugged out and powered off! You'll manage and she'll lives!

And buy good quality cables from now on!

Yep! This happened to me too - just the other day! I had some skinny needle nose pliers which I was able to reach in and pull out after trying tweezers and a different set of pliers... I noticed afterwards that the output jack is SUPER tight. I thought it was a faulty cable - and certainly it could have been (solder-free lava cable). But, that jack is tighter than all the rest and I’ve never had this problem before with other gear. Used these same lava ends off and on for years, too.

Bloody annoying isn't it - have had this a few times.

Looking at the picture I'd suggest trying to use a thin screw to 'grab' the broken bit and pull it out. Had exactly the same thing happen and where pliers and screwdrivers failed - the screw got it out.

Good luck man

Back
Top Bottom